Chapter 42

*Ryder's POV*

"Oh, heck to the no," I mutter, about to stand up. I feel someone quickly grip my elbow, pulling me back down.

I turn my head, looking at Lou, who's eyes are wide as she looks between me and the other girl.

"Look, Ryder, I don't know you well enough to know your temper, so I can't let you go over there," she tells me. I concentrate on putting a seemingly-genuine smile on my face quickly.

"Don't worry, Lou, I'm just going to mind my business. I'm not a possessive person, I just want to see what they're doing about it," I assure her. She looks hesitant before finally releasing my arm. I smile at her again before turning on my heel.

'Yeah, I wasn't possessive...that is until this girl decides to kiss my husband, the father of my child. Heck no.'

So with a confident stature and a sickly sweet smile on my face, I march over to the group, all of which are watching my every move. Harry had taken a couple steps back from the girl and was now staring at me wide eyed as he wiped his mouth of the girls lips. She and her friends were all standing in a huddle, giggling as they saw me coming over to them.

'Let's see who's laughing in a moment, sweetheart.'

I reach Harry, wasting no time in cradling his face in my hands, pulling his lips down to meet mine harshly. He freezes for a moment before regaining his composure, placing his hands on my waist and kissing me back hungrily.

I could hear the boys snickering at something in the background, and I am guessing that they're laughing at the group of girl's faces, seeing as I can hear their noises of disgust while they take in the scene before them.

I finally pull away from the kiss, needing air. I lean back, looking at Harry's surprised face. His surprise quickly dissolves into a face of arrogance, a smirk bestowing his face.

"Jealous, much?" he teases. I drop my mouth open in mock surprise.

"What ever are you talking about? I just looked over and realized that I had the sudden urge to kiss my boyfriend. What's so wrong with that?" I ask innocently, adding emphasis to 'my boyfriend,' obviously meaning for the group of girls to hear me. Niall and Louis are laughing while Liam is standing there with a proud look on his face. Out of the corner of my right eye, I can see the girls all standing with their jaws dropped open.

Harry rolls his eyes jokingly. "Mmmhmm, okay babe, I believe you," he chuckles, wrapping an arm completely around my waist and turning me so I faced everyone, my back pressed to his chest.

"Oh, hi! I didn't see you there! I'm Ryder, it's lovely to meet you, what's your name?" I cheerfully ask, holding my hand out to the girl. She stuck her nose up at my hand, obviously not wishing to make any sort of contact with me.

"Veronica," she mutters. I smile at her, over exaggerating my happiness to meet this girl.

"Well, it's lovely to meet you, Veronica. Did you enjoy the boys performance?" I ask her.

"Well, which one?" she asks, twirling a piece of hair around her index finger and smirking at me, "I've been to so many, you're going to have to be more specific."

I gasp, placing a hand over my heart over dramatically, "I know right! I have the same problem. Once you go to about your fourth one, it's just so hard to keep up! But then again, it's all worth it to see my baby, right Harry?" I flash him a grin, which he laughs at, trying not to blow our cover. He nods, kissing my cheek.

"For sure. It's hard, but worth it," he agrees. Veronica just huffs, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "Well, girls, it's been lovely to meet you, but I think it's time for us all to get going, we have a busy day tomorrow and don't want to get behind," he politely says. All of them nod in sad understanding, pouts obvious on their faces.

Deciding that they had it all under control, I walk back over to where Lou and Lux are.

"What happened to not being a possessive person?" she asks quietly, laughing at me as I come sit next to her. I shrug, leaning in to whisper to her.

"Pregnancy hormones decided they didn't agree with that," I tell her. She lets out a loud bark of laughter, quickly covering her mouth so she didn't draw any attention to us.

"I suppose that makes sense. I probably should've seen that coming," she tells me. I laugh as well. I laugh because of the situation we found ourselves in. I never saw this kind of thing being the levels I stoop to, but at the same time, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.