Chapter 45

*Ryder's POV*

"So when do we find out the gender?" Harry asks excitedly, staring down at the ultrasound pictures. I had made him keep the pictures in the envelope we requested them to come in until we got in the car, not wanting any paparazzi to get a glimpse of them.

"Later on. Around four months or something like that," I tell him. He nods his head absentmindedly, tracing his finger over the outline of our baby. I smile, starting the car.

"What are you hoping for?" he asks me. I think for a moment, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'd be okay with either. I've always kind of wanted a boy. I didn't want any daughter of mine to feel pressured to be a model because I am, like how I was when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I lost my childhood to it," I tell him. He nods again. "What about you? Do you want them to be a boy or a girl?" I ask. He smiles wide, shrugging his shoulders.

"I kinda always wanted a daughter, you know? I wanted to be able to spoil them, make them my princess and all that fun stuff. Like, I just see myself being better with a daughter than a son. Like, sure, I'm athletic to a certain extent, but if I was to have a boy who wanted to be a football star or somthin, they'd always go to Niall and Louis for that. I just want my kid and I to be able to have a good relationship," he explains, still staring at the picture. I nod my head, reaching out to put my hand on his knee.

"I understand where you're coming from, but I feel like you'd be a great dad either way, even if you had a boy. And if they went to their uncles for something every once in a while, so what? My parents were only children and so am I, so I never had the chance to do that. I feel like we should feel lucky that our kids will have more than just us to go to for things," I tell him He nods, leaning over the center console to kiss my cheek. I take my hand off his knee, putting it back on the wheel.

"You're right. I think it's just my insecurities kicking in. I just don't want someone else to have to raise our kids for us."

"Harry, that won't happen. We'll be fine." He nods, going back to staring at the pictures in awe. The car is silent for a moment except for the sound of the radio in the background. Harry eventually looks up, his features becoming confused.

"Are you lost, Ry? This isn't the way home, babe," he tells me, confused. I pretend to think for a moment before scrunching my face up. I see the club a little down the road, letting me know that I am in the right place. The time is 4:54, and Louis and Liam are supposed to be ready for the next part of the plan now.

"Dang it, yeah, you're right. I'm lost," I tell him. He laughs lightly, shrugging his shoulders. "Will you drive? I don't know the area," I say. He nods, opening his door. I do the same, pulling my phone's camera out.

I can see two figures creeping up behind Harry as he comes around to the drivers side. I grin slightly, knowing its the boys.

"So, how do you manage to get lost in the midd-AH!" Harry starts, flailing his arms around as he tries to smack the person holding him. The other figure comes up behind me, grabbing my arms.

"Act scared! He won't believe it otherwise," Liam, who has grabbed me, whispers in my ear. I nod subtly, trying to fight his grip on me as Louis blindfolds Harry. Liam lets me go once he cant see.

"Ryder?! Ryder?! Where are you?" Harry yells out. I stifle a laugh, not wanting to try to answer him and get us caught. Louis tightens his grip on Harry's arms, making Harry yelp.

"Shut it," Louis growls, making his voice deeper so Harry doesn't realize it is him.

"Look, man, take me, take my money, just don't touch my girlfriend, please. She's pregnant, let her go," he pleads. Louis slaps his hand over Harry's mouth, all three of us making sure no paparazzi are around.

"No promises kid. Now walk," Louis grunts, pushing him towards the club. Harry shakily obeys, his legs trembling. I bury my face in the back on Liam's shoulder, trying my hardest to not laugh. I can feel his back shaking as he tries to hold his laughter in as well.

We get to the doors, Liam and I going to open one of them each. All the guests are hiding behind the pillars and tables in the club, trying not to be seen. Louis roughly shoves Harry into a chair, Liam going and holding his hands behind the back of the chair.

"Okay, don't make a noise, kid. I'm gonna take of the blindfold," Louis grunts. Harry nervously nods his head. Louis grins at me, making sure I'm videoing. I nod and Louis does as well, going forward and ripping the blindfold off of Harry's eyes.

"Wha-"

"SURPRISE!"