Chapter 39

*Harry's POV*

"Cause she belongs to me!"

"Thank you all so much, you have been amazing! We hope to see you soon!" Niall cheers into the mic. We all wave our goodbyes to the arena of people, walking backstage.

"Awesome show tonight, boys. You're free after this so, go change," Mark tells us. We all nod, trying to catch our breath as we head backstage.

Right as we're about to go in our dressing room, I could hear voices inside, making me pause. The other three looked at me with curious eyes, putting their ears to the door. They furrowed their eyebrows in confusion as well.

Niall's face lit up as he seemed to recognize one of the voices. He threw the door open, running inside before any of us could say anything. I look at Louis and Liam, getting shrugs of the shoulders in return.

I finally decide to open the door, looking around the room. Niall is standing towards the middle of the room, hugging a girl that I could see nothing of but her brown hair. I look to the couch behind him, shocking me as I see who sits there.

"Ryder?"

She turns her head, facing away from the happy couple to face me. A wide smile stretches across her face as she sees me.

"Harry!" she squeals, jumping up from the couch to run towards me. I open my arms, sweeping her up into a huge, sweaty hug. Her arms wrap tightly around my neck as mine hold her around her waist, keeping her pressed against me.

"I missed you so much," I mumbled into her hair. She nods her head against my chest, refusing to let me go.

"I have something to tell you," she whispers, her voice wavering slightly. I pull out of our hug, looking at her worriedly.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" I fret. She shrugs her shoulders.

"Something did happen and I don't know if it is a good thing or not..." she trails off. I raise my eyebrows at her, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"Ryder, what's going on? You're scaring me," I tell her. She nods her head shakily, letting out a deep breath.

She turns around, motioning to Olivia for something. She walks up to Ryder, handing her an envelope. Ryder turns to face me once again, fear in her eyes.

"Please don't hate me for this.." she trails off. I can feel my heart starting beating faster. Why would I hate her? Did she do something? Did she cheat on me? No, Harry, this is Ryder, she wouldn't do that. She's not that kind of person. You wouldn't have married her otherwise.

"I couldn't hate you," I quietly whisper, taking her shaking form into my arms once again. I feel her small hands ball up my shirt, her shoulders quivering as she tries to not cry. Once she finally stops shaking, I pull away from the hug, holding her at arms length. "Now what is it?"

"Here," she says, handing me the blue envelope. I look at her curiously, but open it non the less.

A simple card is inside, large font letters across a white card spell out 'What is a dad?' I look up at Ryder, a confused look on my face. She simply gestures for me to continue. I open up the card, a small piece of paper falling out. before I have a chance to look at it, the large words inside distract me. 'You. You is a dad.'

I stare at the words in disbelief, finally looking back up at Ryder after a couple of minutes. She is standing there anxiously, biting the inside of her cheek, holding out the picture to me. A sonogram picture. I took it with shaky hands, looking at the small blob in the picture.

I don't know how long I stood there looking at the picture, screaming at me that Ryder was a month pregnant, a bit before I left. I was in a sort of daze. I was finally snapped out of it as a tear fell and hit the picture of my child.

I hurry to wipe the tear off the picture, not wanting to smudge the ink of the picture. I inhale shakily, looking up at Ryder, who sends me a tiny, nervous smile.

"You're going to be a dad," she tells me, opening her arms in a shrug. I let out a sob, a wave of happy tears falling down my face as I wrap my arms around my wife.

"I love you."