Chapter 43

*3rd Person Point of View*

"How are we going to tell them?" she asks, laying against her fiancé's chest and drawing pattering across his stomach with her finger. He shrugs in response, fiddling with a strand of her hair between his fingertips.

"Not really much of a way to tell them, is there?" he deadpans. She huffs, sitting up and turning to face him, a hard look on her face.

"Well, we have to tell them. It's not fair for us to leave them in the dark about this," she tells him. He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"I know that, but how are we supposed to explain that? Like, oh hey, guess what! We know that we tried to separate you two when we found out you were dating, and maybe we pushed you into marrying at such a young age, but regardless, we believe you should accept the fact that we're getting married," he rants. She rolls her eyes, shoving his shoulder.

"She's technically my daughter, Simon. She will know and be there for my wedding if you like it or not," Addie sends him a glare, crossing her arms. He rolls his eyes in response.

"I would like to point out the fact she never said a word about her getting married and then got married without telling you until after," he points out. Addie shoots up from her spot on the couch, glaring down at him.

"Do you think I don't know that?! I was furious with both her and myself when we found out about their wedding! If we hadn't pushed them to be split up, they wouldn't have gone and ran off to be married. She would still have her job, she wouldn't be having to hide her own relationship from the word, and I'm just a horrible mum to her! I love her so much and they're is no way she doesn't hate me right now," she sobs. Simon sighs in exasperation. Addie has been acting like this for the past couple weeks, ever since he proposed to her.

"She doesn't hate you, Ads. There's no way she could ever hate you," he tells her, taking her into his arms. She sobs into his chest, balling up a fist of fabric from his shirt, wiping her tears on the material.

"She should! She should hate me! I'm a horrible person! I knew they loved each other and still tried to split them up! I'm-oh my gosh, I'm such a bad person," she cries. Simon shakes his head, holding her to his chest.

"We'll tell them soon, I promise. For now, you need to go get some rest, okay? Go lay down for a bit," he helps her up, walking her down the hall and into their bedroom. He helps her get settled in the bed, putting a water bottle and tissues on her night stand. "I love you," he tells her, kissing her forehead. "Get some sleep, all the stress isn't good for the baby."

*Ryder's POV*

"When are we going to tell Addie and Simon?" I ask Harry as we lay in his bunk together. I'm laying on his right, my head on his chest and his arm across my shoulder.

"You want to tell them?" he asks me, looking at me like I'm crazy. I nod my head, shrugging at him.

"She technically is my adoptive mother. She should know she's gonna be a grandma," I tell him. He nods his head, thinking it all through.

"I guess that makes sense." he says, still staring off as he thinks. "When we have a stop in maybe LA, we can meet up with them. Or we could just Skype them," he suggests. I shake my head, propping my chin up up his chest and staring at him.

"I would just about kill our kid if they told us they were pregnant by a Skype call. It's much better to do in person." He nods in understanding, reaching for his phone.

"I'll text him," he promises, pulling up his messages.

To: Simon Cowell
From: Harry
Ryder and I have something we need to discuss with you and Addie. The lads and I will be in LA in about two weeks, can we all meet up then?

To: Harry
From: Simon Cowell
What are you wishing to discuss?

To: Simon Cowell
From: Harry
It's better said in person. So are we all able to meet up?

To: Harry
From: Simon Cowell
Addie and I are not in LA. We are still in London. Do you wish to have this conversation over a conference call?

To: Simon Cowell
From: Harry
No. When will you be available to meet up?

To: Harry
From: Simon Cowell
I can meet up anytime. However, Addie will not be able to come to the US. She if feeling a bit under the weather. Would you prefer to meet up with me and then have me pass on a message?

To: Simon Cowell
From: Harry
Once again, no. It has to be in person. Whenever we get our next break we will come back to England for a day or two so we can tell you both. Thanks anyways.

He shows me the messages, making me sigh.

"By the time we get to meet up with them, it's gonna be your birthday. Next month. And by then I'll be two months along," I groan. He sighs, rubbing my back reassuringly.

"I know, Love, but we'll make this work. I promise."