Chapter 15

Chapter 15

It was the first day of school and I was up way too early. I didn't know if it was the excitement of going to school, or the uneasy feeling I had from yesterday that had made it almost impossible to sleep. The feeling of emptiness was persistent throughout the night but I refused to ponder it because I was afraid at what that search would reveal. It was a known fact that most people spent at least an extra half hour getting ready on the first day of school because they wanted to make an impression. I was really no different, especially given the fact that I was up at such an ungodly hour.

A warm shower had helped to drain away some of the tiredness I was feeling. After I dried my hair, I curled my hair and let it hang loose past my shoulders, once I was happy with how it looked I moved on to my face. I slowly and studiedly applied makeup as flawlessly as I could. As I finished off my lipstick I looked at my reflection and smiled, more than satisfied with how I appeared.

Choosing the outfit was the hardest part, the weather was already starting to get cooler, but it was still too warm for half the clothes in my closet. After pulling a few pieces of clothing out of the closet I finally decided on a white eyelet lace dress, and an oversized cardigan. I figured that if I got too warm I could always just take off the cardigan and shove it in my purse.

With my dress, shoes and accessories on I was prepared to head out into to living room. As I got closer I heard chatter from the kitchen. Curiously I walked towards it to see Seb pouring orange juice into three glasses. There was three plates on the kitchen island full of food. I saw spinach and feta omelets, whole grain toast, seasoned potatoes and a a few berries on each plate.

"Hey Ana!" A voice came bring my focus to the other person in the kitchen. "Eighteen looks far better on you than seventeen ever did. Happy two-day-belated birthday!"

Brogan smiled widely and started towards me. Surprised to see him standing there, in Seb's apartment I looked up at him with intrigue.

"Thank you!" I felt myself blush at his comment. "What are you doing here?" I asked him, as his arms enclosed around me. I patted him gently on the back before he released me.

"I just couldn't stay away from you Ana." He with fake sincerity, by bringing his hand up to his chest.

I laughed at him. "Somehow I very much doubt that."

"He's here on business." The other man in the kitchen said. I turned to see that Seb was once again wearing glasses. That was two days in a row, way too many considering that I never even knew he wore glasses. He was wearing a dress shirt and tailored pants. His hair look very well put together, though I could tell that there was no product in it. He looked like someone auditioning for a Gucci cologne advertisement.

Brogan chuckled and placed a gentle hand on my elbow leading me towards the plates of food. "That's just the excuse I told him, so he would let me come over." He said leaning towards my ear, but he had said it so loudly that I knew Seb heard.

In response Seb just pushed a plate towards me. "You should eat now if you are going to make it on time to school. Your car was delivered last night so you can take that, or I can have my driver take you." Seb shrugged. "Either way it's up to you."