Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I paused there in utter stock to see Seb just a few feet away. I saw his eyes run over my body, that was barely covered in Brogan's shirt. His eyes paused briefly at my chest and I saw them fill with absolute disgust. I felt my whole body heat up as I realized that he knew, a guy with his level of experience knew that I wasn't wearing a bra inside. I must have done something really horrid in my past life to be punished in this way. I must have drowned an innocent animal, or lied to a nun or something.

"Finish that sentence." He spat out, as though the words were venom inside his mouth. I saw his eyes slowly turning to pitch black, almost like the sky right before the darkest storm.

"It's not what you--" I started hurriedly.

"Think?" Seb finished smoothly. "What I think is that you are wearing my best friend's shirt, after spending the night in his hotel room. Is that not what I should be thinking?" The iciness in his voice was unmistakable.

"But nothing h--" I started again, only to be interrupted again.

"Happened?" Seb put in cooly, and then nodded in disgust. "That seems to be a common occurrence with you."

I swallowed a lump in my throat and glanced briefly towards Brogan, who seemed inappropriately amused.

"I wasn't expecting to find you here!" I exclaimed at him. I was embarrassed enough at the thought of explaining myself to Brogan.

Seb's stormy eyes flashed. "Why would you?" Seb's voice rose. "Clearly I'm the last thing on your mind. Now finish that sentence." He demanded rashly. "Or I will be left to my own mind." His eyes ran over me again, thick with disgust. "Though, I can't imagine there really being much mystery left."

My body burned at that, I knew he was talking about the shirt I was wearing. I could feel myself turning into the color of the cranberry concoction from the night before.

"Seb you're embarrassing her. What happened was between Ana and me. Drop it." Brogan chimed in and blatantly winked at me! Obviously that was the worst thing he could say and do, because before I knew it Seb let out an angry growl and started towards Brogan.

"I warned you to stay away from her!" Seb bellowed, taking another step towards Brogan, and suddenly he had a hold of Brogan's shirt and his free hand was quickly curling into a fist. Panic took over me as I rushed in between both the men and placed a hand on Seb's chest.

"It's my fault. I kissed Brogan, but he pushed me away." I confessed in one breath, with a sense of urgency.

Seb looked at me like I had just spoken in gibberish. His eyes dilated ever so slightly as he looked like he was on the verge of getting a full blown headache.

Taking his silence as opportunity I continued on. "I was drunk and wasn't thinking straight. Chance was concerned about me and wanted me to go home with him because he didn't want me to be alone at the apartment, but Brogan offered to look after me. He let me borrow a shirt, and set up some pillows and blankets for me on the couch. He was just trying to help me." I told him quickly, afraid that he would cut me off. I felt a faint pain in my stomach and I figured it was probably due to my nervousness.

Seb's eyes widened at me. "Drunk? You were drunk?" He asked incredulously, as if that was the only thing he heard from all of that. "Why the hell didn't you call me?" He asked me as if that should have be the most obvious thing for me to do.

Now it was my turn to gape at him like he was speaking another language. Wasn't he the one that texted me, telling me that he wouldn't be at the apartment last night? Why would I call him when I knew it wouldn't have made a difference?