Chapter 6

Here is the new chapter I hope you enjoy.

This is dedicated to the person above for making me smile by posting on my mesage board, just to tell me that they enjoy this book. So thank you! 

________________________________________________________________

Recap:

“Make sure you wake up early enough to wash my sheets in the morning.” He order and then rolled his back to me.

I just rolled my eyes at him and slowly fell back into sleep. Seb was right; I would have never been able to sleep in my room. There was something about his bed, and feeling his presence within the room that was calming. 

Chapter 6

I awoke lazily rolling in the silky smoothness, reaching out to stretch my hands above my head. I felt well rested. Slowly I opened my eyes and took a second to adjust to the light, in the next second I flew out of bed.

The events of the night before replayed in fast action, through my head. I glanced around the room, only to find that the futon was unoccupied by its previous guest.

I nervously looked at the time, and groaned. There was no way Seb was going to let go of the fact that I slept in till one in the afternoon.

I recalled what Seb said last night and eyed the sheets in disgust. I was too taken back by what happened that I forgot to think about what sort of things took place on this bed. I was sure he had done things on it that got it a lot dirtier than me sleeping.

I almost went just left the sheets as they were, just to rebel against him. But I knew there would be dire consequences for not following his orders. Crunching up my face I silently peeled back the sheets from the bed and carried them to the upstairs laundry room. I found a large bin by the machine and dumped the sheets into it.

My stomach let out a loud growl and I frowned.

I guess I can do the laundry after I got some substance in my stomach. Carrie’s food from last night didn’t sound very appealing but it beats having to make my own food. Dragging my feet behind me I entered the kitchen slouching.

“You’re up.” The voice instantly made me straighten up. I looked up to see Seb dressed in a pair of basketball shorts and a plain black t-shirt.

Confused I started at him with a dropped jaw.

“Why are you here?” I asked. Taken back by the fact that not only was Seb still home, but he was actually cooking!

Yes. There were two pans on the stove behind him and fresh veggies cut up beside him on the counter.

He didn’t look at me when he replied; instead he added the cut vegetables into the pan.

“As I keep telling you, I live here. You might want to remember that so you don’t waste your breath asking again.” His voice was silky.

Scowling in annoyance I asked again, this time making my question a little clearer.

“Why are you at home, instead of at work?”

I saw his shoulder rise in a shrug, “I am working from home today.”

I bit my lower lip, as I often do when I was confused. Why was he working from him? Was he scared that someone might break in again?

“Can you do that?” I asked stupidly.