Chapter 8

Hey lovely people. Sorry for the late upload! 

Two things.

1) I am looking for a new cover for this story. I feel like the ones I have for Innocently Falling and Revenge are perfect but for some reason none of the covers for this story quite click with me. I have loved all the ones I have gotten so far but they are just not right. If that makes any sense. So if any of my readers are cover makers I would love to see if I can find that perfect cover for this story. 

2) I just want to thank you all for the amazing support you have given me thus far. Thank you!  

_______________________________________________________________

Recap:

“Well since you insist on my letting you know all my plans and where I am going to be every second. I should probably tell you that your best friend, Brogan, asked me out on a date and I said yes. I am sure you can get the exact location and time from him, as he is going to be planning it.” I said as calmly and without emotion as possible and quickly left the office before my words sunk into Seb.

I wasn’t usually malicious but something about Seb brought out the bad in me, and I regretted it horribly. 

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8

Hiding, breaking, footsteps. It kept replaying over and over again until I jolted awake in my bed drenched in sweat. The break-in was now haunting my dreams. This was the third time tonight that I had woken up from it. Each time I would tell myself that it was just a dream, and fall right back to sleep. However, the same images kept replaying in my head over and over again.

I was exhausted, it had been a long day and all I wanted to do was curl up and slip in to sleep’s oblivion. But I was finding the task harder and harder by each passing minute. I turned up my air conditioning, enjoying the sweat quickly disappearing from my body. Laying back in bed, I tried counting back from one hundred, but it wasn’t working.

Finally I pushed away all the sheets and popped out of bed. Maybe a warm glass of milk would help ease me back to sleep.

My whole body was completely sore. I hadn’t ridden a horse in a while, so I knew I would be but even walking down the stairs was painful. I was like a sloth, taking each step slowly and cautiously in an attempt to not use the sore muscles.

When my feet finally fell off the last step I breathe out a sigh of relief. Now just a few more feet till the kitchen.

I turned the corner and was feasted upon a shadowed figure moving about the kitchen. I immediately flicked the light switch on, afraid to find yet another intruder tonight. Luckily it was only Brogan. A very topless Brogan, in his basketball shorts, that hung low.

“Hey Ana.” He drawled out, sitting on one of the bar stools. He had a bowl of cereal in front of him.

“Hi.” I whispered back.

 Maneuvering around him to the refrigerator, I got out the jar of milk. I poured it in a cup and placed it in the microwave before turning to Brogan.

“What are you doing up?” I asked him. Even seated, I could see the well defined chest and abs he carried. His shoulders were slouched over, and his hair was completely messy.

“I got hungry.” He replied, and then made a show of bringing the spoon of cereal up to his mouth.

“I’m sure there is other stuff in the fridge that is more filling.” I commented. I noticed some chicken in there when I opened it to get the milk. I guess that was what Seb made for dinner.