Chapter 25

(Not Edited...)

Chapter 25

It had been a little over three weeks since I've been to the house. As soon as I relayed what happened to the detective, Seb made a call to get my car taken away and cleaned. He barely said more than a few words to me since that day. A few days after that, Julie left town to head back to wherever she was from and the apartment returned to being deathly quiet. Seb left for work before I woke up in the morning and he returned late at night, right before I turned in for bed. Any communication between us took place mostly via text messages.

I tried not to think about what happened between us a few weeks ago. In all honestly everything was kind of a blur to me.

I was just about to turn my car on after school when my phone beeped. I picked it up and frowned as I read the message.

Meet me at the office. We need to talk.

That was all the message said.

"Who's that from?" Chance asked beside me as he clicked his seat belt into place.

I looked up from the phone to my best friend. "It's Seb, he wants me to meet him at the office."

I hadn't been to my dad's office in years. I knew exactly where it was, I used to go there a lot as a child, but I haven't been back there since I returned home.

Chance crossed his arms across his chest and pouted at me. "So does that mean no dinner? Or can I come with you? I always wanted to see the view from one of the tallest buildings in the city." Chance stated, looking at me with eyes so hopeful that I couldn't help but laugh.

"You can come if you want. Though Seb might make you sit out in the waiting room. I don't know what he wants to talk about." I told him as I turned my car on.

"Gee, could it be about the fact that he confessed his attraction for you, and then you two made out like crazy?" Chance questioned with a smirk.

I shook my head at him and pulled out of the parking lot. "I didn't tell you about that so you can keep bringing it up! That's the third time you've mentioned it just today!" I exclaimed as I began to regret ever telling him about what happened.

Chance observed me for a second before sighing. "Sorry Ana, I won't bring it up again." He said with remorse in his voice but I wasn't buying it.

"That's what you said last time, and the time before so I don't believe you." I told him pulling into traffic.

I saw Chance shake his head out of the corner of my eye. "I'm sorry; it's just not that easy to forget. And while you might like to pretend like it's not a big deal, I know that it really is."

I bit my lip and gave him a quick glance before turning back to the road. "It's not that big of a deal." I said pathetically knowing very well that to me, it was a huge deal.

Chance held up his hands and forged defeat. "Whatever you say," he said and then reached for the radio control. "I'm in the mood for country music." He stated as he found the country station.

Chance sang along to most of the county songs throughout the ride, and in fifteen minutes we were pulling into the visitor section of the parking garage.

We got out of the car and walked towards the main entrance. People dressed in the finest suits were going in and out of the building. We walked up to a security guy who was sitting behind a large desk.

"Hi, I'm here to visit Sebastian Morales." I told him, unsure of how to go about to get clearance to the elevator.

The guy behind the desk narrowed his eyes at me and looked like he was about to say something but before he could an elderly man stopped by me and placed a hand on my shoulder.