Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Present Day:

The last day of classes at the boarding school ended just a little over a week ago, and I was dreadfully exhausted. Studying for the finals was excruciating and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I managed to pass all my classes with straight A's. I re-read the letters on the report card; yes I'm pretty sure those are A's. I mean A is the first letter of the alphabet right?

"Ana!" Eve called, making me tear away my gaze from the hard piece of paper in front of me.

"Hmm, what's up?" I ask noticing that she was dressed in a yellow bikini that was brighter than the sun. Over the past four years Eve, Brook and I had become best friends. They even convinced their parents to let them go to the same sister school as me so we could graduate together. So far they are the only ones I knew that would be attending that school, everyone else there will be strangers.

"You aren't even in your swimsuit yet!" She cried running to my dresser and rummaging through all my swimsuits trying to pick one for me to wear.

"Eve, I'm tired can I just skip the swim bash?" I asked knowing very well that she would never let me get out of it.

One thing I have gotten to know really well about Eve was the fact that she was a hard core partier. I came to this realization when we were fifteen, and finally able to start going to the socials that the school put together.

"No. Now do you prefer the turquoise or the black one?" She asked holding up two of my swimsuits. "I personally think the turquoise would be a better choice but it's up to you."

I rolled my eyes at the stunning brunette in front of me. Eve had grown up quite nicely, gone were the pigtails that she used to wear all the time. In their place was a very professionally cut A-line, that suited her so well that the hair stylist took a picture of her to put it up in the salon.

"Hand me the black one." I told her, hoping off my bed. The turquoise one was a gift from Eve and it was so miniscule that it would be considered slutty on an ant.

She quickly threw my black bikini in my dirty laundry pile and pushed the turquoise one towards me.

"I gave this to you a year ago and you haven't worn it once. I almost feel like you hate it." She said with a pout.

I sighed knowing that there was no way I was going to be able to get out of wearing the small piece of clothing that was in Eve's hand.

"Fine give it to me." I said in a whiny voice and grabbed the suit out of her hands and shooed her out of my room so I could change.

"I'm ready!" I yelled out once I was sure all the parts that are supposed to be hidden were safely hidden. I quickly pulled on a white loose dress, knowing that it would be off me the minute we saw the pool.

"Let's go then. Brook's already at the pool waiting for us with Chance." Eve ran her fingers through her already perfect hair and grabbed her huge tote.

The swimming pool was ginormous. Everyone was clad in bikinis and swim trunks. There were beach balls and water guns. It was your basic swim bash.

We walked over to where Brook and Chance were situated. Brook's once frizzy hair was now in shiny curls around her face. She was a total book nerd with a knock out body.

"Ana, why are you wearing such an ugly dress? Did you gain weight over the weekend? Babe how many times do I have to tell you that moderation is the way to go?" The jerk I called my best friend asked putting on a disgusted face.

"Chance. Shut up!" I told him and threw my bag at him. He easily caught it before setting it aside. I grabbed the hem of my dress and slowly tugged it over my hair. Trying to be careful not to mess up my hair. Not that I did anything particularly interesting with it. It was just so long that if I got it messed up it would get really tangled.