Chapter 24

(Not edited, so yes there will be mistakes. Please try to ignore them unless they are major.)

Chapter 24

"I don't understand," I stated looking at him with confusion. "What does my dad have to do with you not wanting to talk to me?"

Seb shook his head, and turned to look out of the windshield. "It doesn't matter; it was a long time ago. What matters is that your dad does care about you, more than you think." Seb's voice came out bleakly. "Tell me about last night." He demanded, and I couldn't stop myself from glaring at him.

"You can't just say something like that and then dismiss it!" I exclaimed. Seb was still looking out of the windshield, and not at me. I reached over and tugged on the sleeve of his shirt. "Why did you stop talking to me?" I questioned him, finding courage that I didn't know I had. I had been wondering about the answer to my question for years, but I never felt brave enough to ask Seb. Mostly because I feared that the answer would be much worse than what I had ever imagined.

Seb ran his fingers through his hair, messing up the dark locks. He reached over and put the car in drive. "We're not having this conversation in the car." Seb stated as he pulled the car out of the lot.

"Well you're the one that parked the car in the first place." I reminded him and then cowered when he shot me a deadly look.

I waited patiently as Seb drove to the apartment. My mind was on overdrive, thinking of a thousand different explanations, as to why my dad would have anything do with Seb not talking to me, each one making less sense than the one before.

When we reached the apartment Seb took long angry steps towards the elevator and I had a hard time keeping up with me. It was very evident to me that he regretted saying what he did and he absolutely didn't want to talk about it. Well that's just too bad, I thought, there was no way I going to let it go.

As soon as we entered the apartment I turned to him. "So?" I questioned as we walked towards the living room.

"What happened last night?" Seb countered back, turning his gaze towards me.

I let out a huff of frustration and scowled up at him. "Why did you stop talking to me?" I questioned him again, feeling my courage slip slightly under his stare.

Seb looked perplexed for a second, before completely wiping his emotions off his face. "Your dad asked me to give you some space." He told me walking away towards the windows.

I followed behind him and grabbed his arm forcing him to turn towards me. "I don't understand. Why would I need space from you?" I questioned him. It made no sense.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask your dad that." He said with a shrug of his shoulder, but I knew there was he was lying.

"You do know." I swung at him. "What aren't you telling me?"

Seb shook his head and sighed. "This is a conversation you need to have with your dad when he gets back. I can't tell you anything without betraying his trust." Seb's voice was low, and barely above a whisper.

"My dad told you to give me some space?" I asked him unable to believe my ears. My voice came out unevenly, and I couldn't for the life of me come up with a valid reason why my dad would request such a thing.

Seb simply nodded in response, with his eyes set on my face.

I stared up at him, but his face became somewhat blurry through the tears that were quickly forming in my eyes. "I thought you stopped writing because I said or did something. I thought you finally realized that I was nothing but an annoyance that you had to deal with because we lived in the same home." I felt the tears coming out now. "I thought you hated me." I told him honestly. "I-"