2. Times Of Try, Sorrow & Wonder

I walked through the town. It was only 3:30 in the afternoon and school ended like an hour ago. My mother will be worried about me for sure but I pray that she won't be calling the police. That's how stubborn and protective my mother is. She's always been so protective since my father died. He went missing when he went for a walk in the woods and after a few months of search for him, the police finally gave up and presumed he was dead. It took another few months for me to get over my father's death and it was the worst thing that ever happened to me.

I heard dog whistles behind me, causing me to nearly freeze in fear but I had enough strength to keep moving. Rapists. A woman's worst nightmare. There were so many in this town and that's one of my worst fears. I heard footsteps coming from behind me, causing me to change from walking to running. The footsteps sped up to, causing me to break into a sprint. A sprint for dear life. I was really fast, I basically won all the running races in my school so that's luck for me I guess. I kept running till I couldn't hear the footsteps anymore. I wave of relief washed over me as I finally made it to my home. My sanctuary. My house lights were on inside and I could hear pots and pans clattering from inside. My mother was so fussy with the food she was making.

"Mom! I'm home!" I call slamming the door shut behind me. The clattering of pots and and pans stop and there was silence for a minute. "Where the Hell were you?!" My mother yelled from the kitchen. "I had to help a guy who was getting beaten up." I answered innocently. "Arrggh, Y/N! You LOVE helping others don't ya'?" My mother said walking out of the kitchen. My mother had dark chocolate brown hair, exactly like mine. Green emerald eyes, she was pretty tall for her age and she was only 37 years old. I smiled and nodded "You also need to be careful. Stranger danger!" She warned with a teasing voice at the last part. I rolled my eyes "Yessss. I know mom!"
Mom gave me a warm smile that could warm up a cold room and walked back into the kitchen. "Oh! Mom!" I rushed after her and slammed my hands on the kitchen counter. "Can I~" "No. You can Not go to the party tomorrow night." My mom cut me off. "C'mon Pllleeeeaaaaasssssseee! Everyone is going to be there!" I begged coming down on my knees before my mother. "No, Y/N. That party will be swimming with sex and alcohol and I don't my beautiful young daughter having babies. Yet." She replied. "Mooooommm! You know how I am about that stuff! I'll only just party! I swear don't you trust me!" I whined. "Y/N. This is for your own good. Trust me, you never know what would happen to you. Your only a sweet little ang~" MOOOOOMMMMM!!!!" I whined again in annoyance.

"You make me sound like I'm weak!" I said sounding hurt with sad eyes. My mother chuckled and caressed my check in a calming way. "I know darling. You're not weak. You're a strong and positive woman and I'm a lucky mother to have you." She whispered with a loving smile. I couldn't help but return the smile back to her. I loved my mother with all my heart and it'll always stay that way. After a soft and calming moment of smiling at each other, my mother unfortunately ended the moment by placing a soft kiss on my nose and patting my head. "Now, I don't want to hear anymore of this party nonsense. Tea will be ready in an hour." I was about to protest before she cut me off. "Enough Y/N!" She said walking back to the kitchen.

I sighed in defeat. I felt a little frustrated that my mother would Never let me go to this party but I reminded myself that she was only doing this because she lives and cares for me. My mom was a mother that most kids wouldn't get and I was thankful for that. Unfortunately, she was the only parent I had. My uncles and aunties lived in a different country and my grandparents had passed away. My father...
My father passed away sadly from a terrible cancer. He was the best father someone could ask for and such a ind man had to pass away from a cancer. I remember the last words my father spoke to me,
"Always and I mean always stay positive, Y/N. Promise me that." My father's voice echoed through my head, bringing a tear to my eye. When I realized that I was crying, I shook off the sad feeling wiped the tears. My father would hate for me to cry, he wouldn't want it. I always had the feeling he was still here with me. But no only my father's eyes felt like they were watching me.
It felt like someone's eyes were watching m. Watching my every move. Hearing my every breaths. Reading my every thoughts.
Never taking their eyes off me.....