14. Abandoned In His Sleep

Apparently, I wasn't asleep for long after I heard that noise that keep me awake for long torturous hours.
Jeff's snoring.
Jeff's snoring woke me about an hour after I fell asleep and I hadn't feel asleep then. He promised me. But he was a killer after all so I'm not very surprised. It's also not easy to Not snore so I'm trying not to judge him. I don't think I'll go back to sleep either so might as well put my plan into action. I look over my shoulder to see Jeff. He was of course still holding onto me for dear life It was difficult to breathe and I was worried that if he squeezed any tighter, I wouldn't have any air and suffocate!

I turned on my back to face the smiley killer who's grip surprisingly weakened and let me move and breathe properly. I stared at the sleeping Jeff who was sleeping peacefully and snoring like a bear! He was snoring so loud it was ear piercing! Jeff's eyes are blocked off from my view by a sleeping mask and every time Jeff snored and opened his mouth, his bloodied cuts would reopen and blood would slip from his sliced open cheeks. My eyes then moved down to his bare and toned white torso. Something caught my eye and around his neck hung the key to my stupid shackles. Just attached to a piece of string.
I know what I have to do and it's going to be risky. I had to take this necklace of Jeff without waking him up, this was the only easy way, unless. My eyes teleported over to see Jeff's shiny sharpened knife on the night stand. A smile crawled onto my face and I felt hope rise inside me. I lent over and grabbed the hilt of the knife. Careful not to cut myself instead of the string, the knife chewed it's way silently threw the string and the string finally snapped. I grabbed the key, it was actually quite warm since it was warmed up by Jeff's body heat.

I slipped out of the bed and made sure to replace me with a pillow so Jeff wouldn't know I'm gone. The shackles clattered a bit as I unlocked it's chains with the key but Jeff luckily stayed asleep. I slipped some casual clothes on. A black hoodie, some skinny jeans and my previous sneakers I had on before I was kidnapped by Jeff. I was finally ready to abandon this fucker in his sleep.I don't know why but I decided to write him a quick note. I went to the bedroom doorknob, twisting it as it made a squeaking noise.
I heard a shuffle which made my head dart back over to the bed. A wave of relief washed over me when Jeff had just turned over onto his side on the bed, still snoring his head off. A smile tugged at my lips and I opened the door a silently slipped out.

I quietly but quickly rushed through the halls of the cabin and I found the front door. I looked behind me. No Jeff was visible. I looked down at the ground, feeling slight pitiful for Jeff suddenly. No! I can't feel sorry for him! He kept me all to himself! He thinks I'm worthless like a toy to him! He kidnapped me and keep me chained and locked away from my friends. He killed my mother! he deserves to rot in Hell! He's the Devil himself! I don't know why I said this but it suddenly slipped out as I was lost in my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, Jeff."

With that, I turn away and run out the door, silently shutting it behind me. The cold wind slapped me in the face and made shivers run down my spine. I ignored the cold and ran into the night. I could scream for joy, cry for joy and happiness but that might wake Jeff so I'm not gonna risk it. I sprinted through the woods, faster than ever. Have you ever had the relieving feeling when you're stuck somewhere for a long time and when you finally get out of that place? I have it now and it's one of the best feelings you can have in a lifetime! Even when you've been kept captive by a serial killer.

The moon's light showed me the way through the dark woods, my hair dancing in the wind and bouncing as I ran. My lungs were starting to burn as I kept running non-stop, the cold slapping my face and begging me to go back to the warmth of Jeff's cabin. I just ignored it. I was starting to get the stitch that felt like something was digging into your waist.

I don't know how long I've been running, but I didn't care, I had to find the lights of my town or city. My legs were begging me to stop so they could take a rest and make me fall asleep but I pushed on and keep them going. No way was I going back to Jeff. I wanted to be away from Jeff who cause me grief and pain and sadness.

After an hour of running, I saw some blurry light in the distance. The blurry spotlight of a flashlight. The spotlight dancing in the shadows, shinning light on the forest at everything it looked at. I wanted to scream out to the person who wield the flashlight but all that came out of my lips was a whimper and a croak. My legs gave way finally and I collapsed to the solid forest ground. I used all my strength left in me and let out a cry of help.

"HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!" I screamed as I croaked.

To my luck, that caught the person's attention and the blurry light came closer and closer. I heard a males voice yelling "I found her!" 'Come here!" "She's alive!" "Get her to hospital!"
My eyelids slowly fluttered closed as I passed out and sleep grabbed hold of me with open arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Apologize That This Chapter Is Quite Rushed. The Plan Is Retarded But I Couldn't Bother Getting Either BEN The Perverted Elf Or EJ To Rescue Her Anyway! They Were Just Minding Their Own Business! Ha! Jeff Will NOT Be In The Next Chapter But Will BE In The Chapter After That! Thanks To Everyone Is Giving Up Their Time To Read This!
~TheWitheringWolfie!