25. The Feelings She Never Knew She Would Find...

Days passed. And they turned out to be the best few days I've ever had! Jeff happened to let me out of that horrible room, feed me probably, give me a warm place to sleep. Let's just say that it was all by far better than staying in that disgusting cold, dull room. Sadly, I was forced to sleep with Jeff in 'our' bedroom once again and we both know what happened. He snored! but not so loudly. His snores turned out to be quiet and it was definitely quiet enough to sleep through. Jeff did attach that terrible chain back onto my ankle again to make sure I don't run off again. Although I didn't have plans to leave him. I didn't know exactly why. Maybe I owed him somehow? He felt pity for leaving me in that room? I know he did. Instead of feeling hate towards him, I was actually starting to warm up to him.

When he went off for now half a day now, I usually spent a few long minutes to think: 'Why am I still here?' 'Shouldn't I be escaping?' 'Why couldn't he let me die?' 'What is he doing to me?'

Unfortunately, all these question found no answers. I just couldn't believe that I was starting to warm up to him. Warm up to Jeff the Killer. A cold blooded heartless killer. A murderer of my friends and mother. The man who took away everything I loved. Just what is he doing to me?

I sat on the couch with Jeff, my head resting on his shoulder and his arm around me pulling me closer to him. He seemed relaxed, I could feel his steady and calm breathes escape his bloody lips. I remember when he always forced those lips on me. Such memories. Jeff's pale blue unblinking eyes stared at the T.V screen which played the sick horror movie. The movie that sickened me and sent terror all over me.

"The Human centipede"

I hated that movie. At all the sick and scary bits, I always cuddled closer to Jeff. When Jeff noticed he would always let a little giggle and tightened his grip around me. Why was this happening? What has taken over me?

My eyelids were starting to droop but Jeff''s weren't even near because he didn't have any. I let out a silent yawn before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted by the sun's strong bright rays stinging my eyes. I was stiff since I realized I had just fallen asleep on the couch. Well, at least that movie is over. Jeff wasn't here and I wasn't surprised either. He probably went killing. I rose from the couch and stretched my limbs with a yawn. I walked into the kitchen and started to make pancakes. Since I was in good shape ad in a good state now I was able to get back to acting normal. I suddenly froze when I felt warm breathing on the back of my neck. I spin around and let out a little squeal when I was face-to-face with Jeff, who was only wearing a towel around his waist.

Jeff let out a chuckle. "You get scared easily, doll" He purred with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and turned back around to continue making breakfast. "Get some clothes on would ya'?" I replied. Jeff let out a soft chuckle before whispering in my ear. "You like me without clothes don't ya' Y/N" He teased licking his lips. Heat rose to my cheeks and I shook my head. "Oh grow up!" I growled with a roll of my eyes. Jeff snickered before going to 'our' room to change.

Once I finished making the pancakes, me and Jeff ate our breakfast peacefully and without a word until he said: "How about we go out for some fresh air. I need to show you something." I looked up from my plate of pancakes and stared at him. Was he actual serious? Was he actually letting me out for fresh air? What did he want to show me?

Jeff chuckled at my confused face. "I take that as a yes. C'mon lets go." Before I could react, he unlocked my shackle, grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the cabin we stayed in. As we walked through the woods, I struggled to keep up with Jeff because he walked faster than me and tugged me by the wrist. We walked for what seemed like hours until we approached a familiar place. The old rusty playground. The place Jeff kidnapped me and revealed himself.

I stared at Jeff in awe and surprise. He just shrugged. "I know that you like being at this place." He informed but I had already took off towards the playground. Jeff rushed after me, making sure I wouldn't run off. I wouldn't run off even if he gave me a choice to leave. I sat on one of the two swings while Jeff came and sat on the other. I rocked the swing back and forth. It seemed to creak but somehow didn't break. I seemed to relax, I looked out into the woods and started to think.

I wonder how my mother and father would react with me warming up to their murderer. I wonder what Heaven is like. Do you truly see God there? I remember once when I asked my mother what Heaven was like....

"Mother, what is Heaven like?" My little 6 year old self asked my young mother. My mother stopped washing the dishes and looked out the window into the nature and skies. "No one knows, sweetie. We can only find out when we get there." She said quietly. "How do you get there?" I asked tilting my head. My mother let out a little giggle. "Y/N, everyone goes to Heaven sometime in life. When they pass away, they go to Heaven and meet God. Your father is in Heaven now and is now with God." My mother explained. "What have you imagined Heaven to be like, mother?" I asked. My mother seemed to think for a moment then she crouched down so we were at eye level.

"Heaven can be what you imagine it to be. I imagined Heaven to be, like going to a party where everyone who has passed away meets up and has a party together." She said. My mother was known to have a beautiful imagination and it had no limits. My mouth made an 'O' and I mouthed a 'wow'. My mother nodded her head. "So, Heaven can be described as anything. But the truth is, no one knows what Heaven looks like or is like, except your father and everyone who has passed away." She said. "Now, go play outside with your friends." My mother said and kissed my forehead. She gave my nose a quick boop before getting back to the dishes.

"Y/N" A voice brought me back to reality. I noticed I was crying, tears rolled down my cheeks. I let them roll down. I missed my mother and there was no denying it. She was the best mother someone could ask for. "You're crying what's wrong?" Jeff asked looking at me. I sniffed and wiped my tears. "I-I'm sorry. I was remembering my mother." I said giving him a small fake smile. Jeff didn't seem to buy it when he stood up and picked me up bridle style. He carried me over to the bottom of the blue slide, The blue painted was falling off the slide and the slide ladder wasn't safe enough to climb. Jeff cradled me in his arms while I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I never wanted to hurt you." Jeff whispered. I didn't pay any attention. I had to move on. She was going to die later in life anyway so I shouldn't sob about it. She wouldn't want me to cry about her death. She would want me to move on.

We spent a few minutes like this. I had finally stopped crying but Jeff was still cradling me. I think he liked this position. I don't blame him. I turned my head on his chest to hear his heart beat, only to not hear anything. I heard different places on his chest but only met with no sound. No beat of a heart. Was I hearing right? Everyone has a heart beat right? Of course! Otherwise they wouldn't be able to live. After a few minutes of trying to capture the sound of hearing his heart beat, I failed. There was no heart beat. How can that be? That's impossible! It was official.

Jeff had a heart that didn't beat.