7. Unexpected Seeing

It's been a week since my mother's death. Her murder. It was a week of grief, sorrow and it was pure torture. After finding out about the murder, the neighbours heard all my screaming and instantly called the police. I was swarmed by questions by the police almost the entire week. Questions like "Do you have some strange relationship with the killer?" "Do you know who the killer is?" "When and why did this happen?" All these questions I couldn't answer so I didn't say a word. I left my house, I left it abandoned. I decided to go live with Mia and Emma who luckily shared a house together. Although the entire week was full with sadness. I would usually lock myself in the spare room and sulk.

I knew they were worried about me. I spent many minutes, hours cursing at myself. Saying it was my fault about my mother's death. I wanted revenge on the killer who murdered my dear mother in cold blood. Unfortunately, I wasn't the girl of such strength and braveness. I hadn't gone to school for that week. One reason, I would get swarmed by questions from everyone at school. Second reason, I don't want to see Peter again. Last reason, I can't really go anywhere without thinking about my mother and breaking down in tears.

Today was just a normal Saturday. Instead of locking myself away, I decided to go to the beach. It was one of my mother's favorite places to go. She always loved to hear the waves crashing on the rocks, to feel the soft sand tickingling her toes, to smell the strange smell of seaweed, to see the beautiful scene before her. I too love the beach. Who wouldn't?!
I sat on the soft smooth sand, watching the waves crash upon the rocks and bring seaweed onto the shore. The crashing waves was a true sound of peace. But I wasn't in peace, yet. I might never be. I felt weak. I was now an orphan and I felt alone. Why did this have to happen to me? That's the question that swarmed my mind.

Why?

I spent who knows how long at the beach. Minutes? Hours? It felt like forever but I eventually got up to go somewhere. As I walked, I always felt that revolting feeling of being watched. I walked through the forest, not seeming to care about the shadows that could sneak out of the darkness and pounce at me. I was too lonely, too weak to care. I struggled to find the place I was looking for but I soon enough found it.

A playground. This playground was very old. My mother played here when she was only a child and the playground is still standing. She used to come here every week to play here. Even if she was an adult. She still had the soul of a child. There was a swing set, a slide and a see-sore. The playground was a little broken, abandoned and rusty but it was still standing. This playground sadly was hidden deep in the woods so no one ever came here anymore so I'm the only one here.

I took a deep breath and sat on one of the swings. The swing creaked and squeaked as I put my weight on it but I didn't break. I slowly swung back and forth, lost in my thoughts. I remembered all the happy memories I had with my parents, I didn't have any siblings so that was a little boring. All those memories that crossed my mind, brought tears to my eyes. I feel broken. This playground knows my pain. Everyone abandoned it all of a sudden, just like me. My parents died and I feel like I have no one to turn to. This playground is lonely and forgotten, I feel like this inside.

It was quiet here. The only sounds I could hear was the swing creaking and my own breathing and some footsteps from behind me. I didn't care anymore. I hate this world. I feel like nothing without my family. How can I go on? As I could hear the footsteps drawing closer, I more I tried to get more further down into my thoughts but I sudden but familiar chuckle dragged me out. This laughter is familiar. Very familiar.

"Is the little damsel in distress?" A husky yet raspy voice spoke from behind me. I turned my head round to see the guy. The guy from the party! My dance partner. He hadn't changed much. He was still wearing his plain white hoodie, his black dress pants, his black and white converse and he still had hood over his head and his hair sheltering his face.

This guy really crept me out somehow. I was speechless, unable to speak. The guy let out a giggle and sat down in the swing next to mine. The swing cracked and squealed and It looked like it couldn't hold him but it was surprisingly still standing.
"Cat got your tongue?" He teased. I shook out of my trance.
"W-why are you here?" I asked. This guy sorta sounded like a stalker.
"Juts came to see how my little Y/N is doing" He replied simply and faced forward. Panic struck me hard. "H-how do y-you now my name?!" I squeaked. The man let out a chuckle. "I know a lot about you Y/N. I know you don't care about what someone looks like on the outside but on the inside. I know you're kind to everyone who lays eyes on you. I about your father. And, here's the best part. I know who killed your darling mother." He said. Every word terrified me but the most terrifying was that he knew who killed my mother.
"Who killed my mother? Tell me!" I ended up screaming at the stranger. The man gave a chuckle and leaned so close to my ear I could feel his cold breathing. He whispered two words that struck fear into my heart.

"I Did."

Those two words. I sprung up from the swing I was seated on. My whole body was trembling in fear. "T-that's not tr-true! You're lying!!!" I screamed. The man threw his head back in hysterical laughter. This guy must be a psychopath. "You amuse me, Y/N. But I'm not lying. I hate liars. So why would I? By the way, did you like my present?" He said.
I ignored his stupid question for I just realized that I was talking to a complete stranger, yet murderer.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Jeff. Jeff the killer" 

"I've never heard of you" 

"Someone doesn't watch too much t.v." The man chuckled. "No. I don't." I muttered. Jeff cracked out a giggle which led me to my other question.
"What do you want from me?"
"Just one thing, lovely."
"And... that it is?"
The man seemed to wait a few minutes before he turned his head towards me.
"You."

My eyes widened at his answer but I was still in confusion. "Wh-what do you mean by that?" I asked shaking. "After about 5 years of killing, it does often get boring and you get a little.... lonely. So why not have someone who actually doesn't fear you and understands you. You see, I'm insane and beautiful so why not have a perfect match?" Every thing Jeff explained frightened me.

"I'm not like you! I'm not insane! I~" Jeff cut me off. "Not insane? Well, I can change that." He giggled. "Why did you kill my mother... Y-you sick bastard!!!" I yelled with anger lacing my voice. Jeff must've seemed stunned at my outburst. I never swear and that was one of the first times a swore.
Jeff than threw his head back laughing like a madman he is. His laughter seemed to go on for minutes. "Oh, sweet heart. She was only in the way. Too overprotective, I would protect you better anyway." He shrugged like he didn't care. His behavior sickened me but he claimed to be a murderer anyway. "J-just leave me alone!" I yelled and sprinted off into the woods. Panic struck me as another pair of footsteps sounded from behind me. I could hear the footsteps get closer and closer and closer until my upper arm was grabbed by a cold as death hand.

I was spun around by Jeff. I struggled against his grip but I felt something cold and sharp on my neck. I gulped in fear and stopped struggling. It was a sharp and bloodied kitchen knife. "I wouldn't dare run from me, sweet heart." He said. "I don't even know you. I haven't even seen your face." I spat harshly. "You want to see my face? Fine!" With that. He tore his hood of his head, allowing me to see his face.

I screamed in horror at the face that would take maybe years to get out of my mind. Jeff's skin was bleached to a white milky white. His skin looked leathery also. His black hair definitely reached his shoulders and it was messy and looked like it had never been washed. His eyes were wide and big dark rings circled round his eyes. His eyes also seemed to never blink, maybe because his eyelids were nowhere to be seen! The worst part was. That smile. Not a normal smile that you use when you're happy but a smile that was carved into his face. It sliced open his cheeks and his smile was covered in crimson blood. Dried blood I bet. Even parts of skin was hanging from that disgusting smile was revolting.

I could scream for days and vomit from looking at that face. I said that I don't care what they look like on the outside but the looks of their hearts. I really don't care anymore. I have to say that this was definitely a killer. I remembered from what Izzy said about that Creepy pasta. She was right all along! At least I have something to tell her next week at school, if I'll be alive.

I hadn't realized I had dropped to my knees just staring at the face. I had my mouth covered from screaming. "Tell me, Y/N. Am I beautiful?" Jeff asked with hope in his tone. I was speechless. I was too afraid to speak. Slowly, Jeff dragged me to my feet. He then leaned in so he was nibbling on my ear lobe. I winced in pain but stayed still, still aware that he has a knife.

"Close your eyes, and go to sleep, Y/N."
Was all I heard after it went Black.