Chapter 6

Damien and I have been hanging out more frequently this past few months. I dare say, we were on track to becoming good friends. I was still quite cautious but it was hard not to enjoy his presence when he was not being a jerk. We were getting along much better at work and were actually working together on a project. Some days when we both had no lunch appointments, we would have lunch together. Hanging out after work or during weekends wasn't really all that often due to the fact we came home late from work and I usually spent my weekends with Jay, Belle, my parents or alone and he still preferred to spend his nights clubbing although I noticed that he wasn't in the tabloids that much anymore. Guess, he was being more discrete with his..acquisitions. Things at the agency were going well too, with Casey running the place when we weren't there. Damien and I had gone on a few missions together and I was glad that I was slowly trusting him to have my back. Today, I had not gone into work as Jay, Damien and I had a meeting with Uncle Sam and the other directors of international agencies in London. Jay was our second-in-command at the agency. Just as I zipped up my suitcase, my elevator opened and out stepped Damien and Jay. I had placed their names on the 24 hour access list for my penthouse in case of an emergency plus I trusted them to not appear randomly, well except Jay but he used to do that back in London too soo.. Both boys looked good in dark washed jeans and black hoodies with a white t-shirt underneath. I was wearing a similar outfit except my t-shirt was red. Travel in comfort, my motto when travelling long-haul. Besides, we were taking my private jet so who cares? 

"you ready, sis?"Jay came over giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I hugged him back,"Yup, all done." 

Shooting Damien a smile, I grabbed my bag off the kitchen counter and turned to grab my suitcase when I bumped into a solid wall of muscle. Looking up at a smirking Damien, I furrowed my brows in confusion and opened my mouth to ask him what in the world was he doing when he gave me a hug all of a sudden. I froze, my brain working in overdrive. despite us being friends now and spending more time with each other, we had never initiated any physical contact so you can't blame me for being shocked. He pulled back, shooting me a devilish smile.

"What, Jay gets a hug and all  I get is a smile? Not very fair, angel."Winking at me, he grabbed my suitcase and walked into the elevator, leaving me wide-eyed with a very amused Jay. Snapping out of it, I sent him a look that yelled Shut up and walked into the elevator, putting on a blank expression. No way in hell was I about to let Damien tease me about how my heart had sped up back there.
Boarding my jet, Jay let out a low whistle as he took in his surroundings. I had just bought a new eco friendly one and even I have to admit, it was pretty awesome. With a full mahogany leather interior, games room, spacious bedroom and state of the art kitchen as well as an office for me, there was no way that I was gonna be flying commercial anytime soon, not if I had a choice.
I sat down by the window and buckled up. As soon as the pilot took off and it was safe to use electrical gadgets, all 3 of us took out our laptops and got to work. Just because we weren't in office today did not give us any reason to slack off. The stewardess appeared and served us champagne as well as some snacks. I notice her eyeing both the boys and almost instantly, she unbuttoned a few of her top buttons, revealing an ample amount of cleavage. Serving the drinks, focusing mainly on the boys she asked,"Can I get you anything else?" Before both the boys, who had been ignoring her answered, I snapped"yes, you can. Get some class would you?" She balked and the boys smothered their laughs as she muttered an apology and rushed inside. Rolling my eyes and ignoring the boys snickers I continued my work until Damien spoke up, "I'm staying at the BW Hotel. What about you guys?"

 I looked up, "Umm, Jay and I are staying at my London home. You can stay there too if you want. " Damien remained silent, his stare unnerving me. Feeling embarrased for being so forward, I mumbled"F-forget about it. BW would be much more convenient for you. "
"I don't mind as long as you're okay with it." He said softly.