Epilogue Part 2

I smile warmly staring at the scene before me. I can see the silhouette of my son Xavier walking down the beach with Jay and Belle's youngest daughter, Cassandra or Cassie as we fondly call her. Xavier has just graduated from Harvard and is slowly taking over the reins of our empire while Cassie who is 2 years younger than him is in her final year at Dartmouth. The two of them have been at each other's necks since they could talk but anyone could see that they were as close as siblings could get.I chuckle as I see Cassie whack Xavier on the arm causing them to start arguing all over again.

"What's so funny?"

I look up behind me, briefly getting lost in those brown eyes. Damien and I have been married for almost 25 years now but it still feels like our honeymoon. He looks handsome as ever, not looking a day over 35. I smile as I think about the day I told him I was pregnant. I had given him a baby onesie that said 'world's best daddy' and his expression was one of a man that had been given all the answers in my life.

Leaning back against his chest with his arms tightly wound around me, I sigh pointing towards the two youths.

"Aah, they're arguing again." Damien says in amusement. I shake my head in amusement,

"Xavier is the exact replica of you, in every way possible."

It was true. Xavier was a mini Damien with his height, lean yet muscular stature, brown eyes and sharp jaw. They even had similar personalities; stubborn, determined, cold yet loving and protective. The silent but resilient type, you know.

"I agree. He is a ladies man like me." I glare playfully at my husband who chuckles, leaning forward to peck my lips.

"I only have eyes for you angel and you know it."

I roll my eyes but can't help and smile. It was true, Damien was the most supportive husband ever. Sure, we had our arguments like every other couple but at the end of the day, we loved each other and that was all that matters. A shriek turns our attention towards the water. Damien and I burst out laughing as we watch our daughter, Alessandra glare daggers at Mike or Michael, Jay and Belle's eldest and only son. Now, Alessandra was a mini me with those startling blue eyes and tall frame too. We had the same fiesty, fiery attitude with a streak of stubbornness. That came out when she and her brother quarreled which was almost every day but they loved each other dearly. Xavier was just as protective of his baby sis as Damien was. Mike's twin, Michelle is nearly doubled over in laughter but abruptly stops as she too is dunked underwater by Tony. Tony is Marcus's kid with his wife, Stacey. They have a younger daughter, Danielle who is also playing in the water.

Basically, Michelle and Michael are the eldest of the lot with Xavier a year behind them. Tony is the same age as Xavier while Danielle, Alessandra and Cassie are the same age, being two years younger than Xavier and Tony. Michelle and Tony are dating. Danielle who was also in her final year in Dartmouth was dating a sweet guy in her class, Ryder. Michelle followed in her mother's footsteps and was becoming a household name in the modelling industry. Michael was taking over his father's company and Cassie would join him once she graduated. Like I said, Xavier was gonna inherit the empire too while Alessandra would join him once she graduated. Tony was working in his dad's firm while Danielle had no interest whatsoever in law. She was studying to become a doctor like her mother and no doubt, she would be an excellent one.

Staring at the people I call my family, I could not be more thankful to be this lucky. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two beautiful children. My parents as well as Jack and Kaley and Marcus' parents were lounging on the deck of our beach house here in Monaco. We had all come for a family vacation. Over the years, Damien and I tried to spend less time in the office and our children became our priority. In fact, I stopped working temporarily when the kids were toddlers. Once they started playschool, I went back to work though. We still came home late sometimes and had the occasional business trips but we always tried to arrange it during the kids holidays so they could follow us or make sure their grandparents could watch over them for a couple of days. It wasn't easy juggling my career and motherhood but with Damien by my side, we did it. After all, we are a team.

"Thank you."

I furrow my eyebrows in his direction,

"For what?"

"For everything. For being by my side all these years, for loving me, for giving me these two beautiful children, for being my angel.'

I cup his face, staring at him tenderly.

"If that's the case, I need to thank you too for never giving up on me, for being an amazing husband and even more amazing father. And also for giving me that Koenigsegg for our anniversary."

He chuckles at the mention of the car, remembering how excited I was when he gave me the key

"I swear you love that car more than I do." he says with a pout.

"Do you blame me?" I shrug and he pouts even more. Chuckling at his wounded expression, I peck his lightly, his expression immediately brightening.

"I love you arius."

"I know. I don't blame you." he says arrogantly and I whack his arm, making him burst out laughing. He pulls me closer, burying his face in my hair, a habit he never gave up and slowly makes his way down to my neck, nuzzling it making my breath hitch.

"I love you too angel."

He cups my cheek tenderly, kissing me deeply yet gently. We slowly pull away and I inwardly smirk at how dark his eyes are.

"I love you too but I kinda love the Koenigsegg more." I tease him and he growls lowly. Standing up, carrying me with him, he starts walking to the beach house and up to our room. I squeal in laughter as he playfully nips my neck, trying to hold back my moan as he places butterfly kisses all over my neck, sucking on my sweet spot.

Throwing me onto our bed gently, he locks the door before hovering over me. I shiver in anticipation as he says huskily

"We'll see if you say that again once I'm done with you."

******************************************************************************************

Well, this is the end of Black Winter everyone. Thank you to everyone who has read this book, voted for it, commented on it and just shared this amazing journey with me. I am definitely gonna miss Alex and Damien but every good thing has to come to an end at some point. Will there be a sequel? No. I think the epilogue kind of nicely sums up their lives. Well, I guess this is it. Love you guys!