Chapter 11

I walk out of Dr Baker's office, having just removed those goddamned stitches on my shoulder. My shoulder was no longer really painful but it was still quite sore. However that wasn't what disturbed me. During my checkup, Dr Baker had said that my shoulder was slightly weak as the bullet had grazed a tissue, slightly tearing it and he was right. I could feel the difference in my movements and strengths. Even though I was a rightie, I still trained with my left hand for good measure. You never know what could happen out on the field. 

Driving towards HQ, my mind wondered back to my conversation with Jay this morning. Damien had interrogated al-Syed yesterday and after persuading  him, he had given up some information but my gut told me that he was hiding something. Both Jay and Damien had told me not to worry about it and just focus on recovering but I was never really good at following orders. Parking in the garage, I head inside straight to the holding cells. Greeting the guards who were standing at the entrance, I punched in the passcode on the keypad and walked in. Al-Syed looks up and I notice that he did not give up information willingly. He had a black eye, a busted lip and several bruises all over his body, no doubt courtesy of Damien Black. He smirks at me, cocking his head and says in an accented voice,"Ah, Alexandra Winters. I see the rumors are true. You really do have the eyes of a cold, soulless murderer. " Taking a seat opposite him, I lean casually against my chair and smirk coldly at the piece of garbage in front of me.

"Glad I didn't disappoint. So, tell me, how are you doing, al-Syed?"

He laughs, gesturing to the four walls that make up his cell."Oh well, I heard your hotels are much nicer but I guess this will do." I scoff,"Well, we don't exactly treat terrorists like royalty, you would understand."

He glares at me,"I am not a terrorist. I am fighting for my people, I am fighting for my religion." Raising an eyebrow at him, I say,"And pray tell, Abu, does your religion tell you to kill innocent people because you have left behind quite the body count each time you fight  for your religion." He shrugs nonchalantly,"What can I say? Collateral damage." Fighting the urge to give him another black eye, I smirk at him and I can see him slightly tense at the look on my face. I was too calm and he knew it.

Looking at my fingernails, I say casually,"She really is quite the looker." I feel him tense even more and I continue,"smart too. Don't you think it's ironic that she's studying to become a lawyer though?"

I look up at him, smiling mentally when I see the slight fear in his eyes. He clears his throat, shrugging,"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Raising an eyebrow casually, I lean back into my chair, crossing my legs in a relaxed stance.

"Don't you? I wonder how she would feel, finding out that her father isn't actually dead or that the money financing her comfortable lifestyle isn't actually her inheritance but blood money from a terrorist."

"Again, I have no idea what you're talking about." But i can hear the undertones of fear and nerves in his voice, exposing his true emotions.

"Samira is a beautiful name and I'm sure she would be a valuable bargaining chip to all the other terrorist organisations out there who want your head on a silver platter." Gasping dramatically as if I just had a wonderful idea, I look at him wide-eyed, faux innocence in my eyes, "She would make an excellent bride to your next in command, don't you think? Imagine, the head of ISIS married to the hidden daughter of a captured former ISIS head. Sure, she would be his fourth wife but I'm sure she'll be his favourite."

"LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS! SHE'S INNOCENT, YOU HEAR ME. LEAVE HER ALONE!" Al-syed loses his composure, making me smirk coldly.

"What can I say? Collateral damage." throwing his words back at him.