Chapter 30

I stir awake the next morning to the sun rays filtering into the room. Slowly blinking my eyes open, my hazy vision focuses on an ultra sharp jaw. My brain scrambles, trying to recall how I landed up in Damien's bed. A giddy grin breaks out on my face as I recall last night. I take this time to memorise his face, those long lashes, the slight smile on those plump lips, the slightly crooked nose that has probably been broken multiple times, the slight stubble on his chin making him look sexily scruffy. I gently trace his features committing them to memory before lightly placing a kiss on his lips. I stifle a giggle at the smile that breaks out on his face despite him still being sound asleep. Slowly lifting his arm off me, I replace my spot with my pillow, doing a short happy dance when he remains asleep. Throwing my hair into a messy bun, I saunter barefoot into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I scan his fridge, smiling when I notice its fully stocked. Pulling out all the ingredients I need, I start making his favourite, pancakes. You could give the guy pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he would be the happiest person on earth. Once they're done, I make scrambled eggs before frying some bacon. Biting my lip at the slightly unhealthy breakfast in front of me, i grab some yoghurt, chopping up some fresh fruits and throwing it in. As I'm chopping the fruits, I feel a pair of arms encircle my waist, pulling me back into a hard chest. I smile at the tingles that run through me, leaning my head back. 

"I could get used to this every morning

"I could get used to this every morning." Damien mumbles, his face buried in the crook of my neck. He places butterfly kisses on my neck, causing me to automatically tilt my neck, giving him more room to work with.

"Good morning." I stutter out and he smirks at his effect on me. He turns me around, pulling me close. 

"tsk tsk angel. Is that anyway to wish me good morning?" I raise an eyebrow at him, deciding to play along.

"Hmm and how am I suppose to wish you, Your Majesty?"

He smirks, before leaning down to capture my lips in one swift motion. I melt into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"That's how." he mumbles against my lips. I blush slightly but peck his lips once more before pulling away.

"I shall remember that for future reference." I say sassily and he chuckles at my tone.

"So fiesty even in the morning."

I shrug, turning back to the chopping board.

"Hey, if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." I say quoting Marilyn Monroe.

Damien laughs, perching his chin on my shoulder.

"Marilyn had a point."

We remain in that position, damien distracting me with his kisses, till I'm done cutting the fruits. Throwing them into the bowl of yogurt, Damien carries the bowl to the counter where the rest of the food lies. He pours us coffee, giving me a kiss on my head as he hands me mine. I take a seat at the counter, about to place pancakes on his plate when he stops me.