Chapter 7

I sit up in bed with a gasp, entire body drenched in sweat. Taking deep breaths to calm myself, I close my eyes and force the remnants of my nightmare away. I glance at my bedside clock and sigh when I realise it's only 4.30 in the morning. Wishing I could get a good sleep for at least one night, I climb out of bed and head into the bathroom. Brushing my teeth and washing my face, I decide I might as well go for a run since there was no way I was going back to sleep anytime soon. Changing into a pair of running shorts and sports bra, I throw a hoodie on and grab my running shoes. Slowly sneaking out of my room, I tiptoe downstairs and head to the kitchen. Grabbing a bottle of water and my iPod, I quietly open the door and head for my run. Heading out of the building, I take a deep breath and smile as I stretch in the chilly weather. Running has always been my hobby ever since I was a kid. Anytime I needed to clear my mind, I would go for a run and I'd feel much better. Plugging in my iPod, I start my run in the empty London streets.

2 hours later, I enter the apartment content after a good run. Peeling off my sticky hoodie, I open the door and walk into the dark hall. I am about to head up the stairs when I notice a dark figure standing at the large window, shoulders hunched almost as if he were in pain. Grabbing my gun from my waistband, I slowly inch forward and flip the light switch on. The figure immediately turns around and I put my gun down when I realise it's only Damien. Placing a hand on my chest, I sigh in relief.

"Jesus,D,you scared the bloody hell outta me." He walks towards me, almost angrily."Where the hell have you been?"

I raise an eyebrow at him,"I went for a run." That's when he looks me up and down, realising my attire. Feeling a little self-conscious in my sports bra, I throw my hoodie back on and say,"I'm gonna go take a shower."

 Spinning on my feet to ascend the stairs, I'm stopped when he gently grips my wrist. Turning around in confusion, I open my mouth to ask him what's wrong when he says with gritted teeth, eyes blazing with fury."Are you nuts? Who goes running alone at this hour? Do you have any idea how worried I was when I realised you were missing? I though you had been kidnapped or something."

I stare at him, slightly shocked at his outburst,before I realised that he must have entered my room to notice I was missing."What the hell were you doing in my room?" I ask angrily.

 "Don't get mad at me. You left your window open and the wind knocked your bedside clock over. I heard the noise and knocked on your door to ask if you were okay. When you didn't reply, I entered thinking you had been hurt. That's when I realised you were missing."

 Feeling my anger simmer a little, "Okay but why the hell did you think I had been kidnapped?"

He stared at me incredulously almost as if I was dumb."Why did I think..?Alex, your window was open, your phone was still on your bedside table, your clock was on the floor and you were missing. Connect the dots." 

I avert my gaze sheepishly when I realise that he was right. If I were in his place, I probably would be worried too. "Did you wake Jay up?" 

He shakes his head,"I was gonna give you another half hour in case you decided to do something crazy, like go for a run." I smile sheepishly at him, "I'm sorry. I forgot to take my phone and I probably should have left a note or something. I'm not used to living with people and I honestly didn't think of the consequences if you guys woke up before I came back. I'm really sorry, Damien."

 He stares at me for a few seconds before sighing,"It's okay. Just don't go running at this hour again alone."

I nod,"I'm gonna go take a shower." Ascending the stairs, I'm halfway at the top when Damien says,"Hey, Angel what were you doing up at this hour?"

 I pause and reply,"Couldn't sleep." He doesn't say anything as I continue heading up. Taking a quick shower, I change into a blue dress and pair it with a pair of pumps. Keeping my makeup light and choosing to keep my hair down in waves, I grab my bag and head to the kitchen. Jay is already there, dressed in a grey suit."Morning." He turns around,"Morning, sis. You look good. Coffee?"