Chapter 23

The next morning, Damien and I head to HQ to interrogate Justin. We walk into the room, and Justin looks up at us. When he sees the both of us, a flash of fear crosses his face but he quickly covers it up with a cocky smirk.

"You're smart, I'll give you that." he says to me and I smirk, taking a seat opposite him, Damien sitting beside me.

"Thank you. So, you know how this goes, Justin."

"I don't have anything to say to you guys, except it's a shame you're not dead." he directs the last part to Damien. Damien clenches his fist and I put my hand on top of his under the table, immediately calming him down.

"Well, for being one of our agents, you sure have a shitty way of killing people. I mean, come on a car crash. Couldn't you guys come up with something a little more creative?" Damien replies tauntingly and it works. Justin glares at him angrily, biting out

"You think you're so great, don't you? No wonder Oliver wants to get rid of you guys."

Damien and I smirk at each other at Justin's slip up. Best part was he didn't even realise it.

"I'm curious, why does The Syndicate want us gone?"

Justin stares at me as if I'm stupid.

"Power. Right now, all you gangs, government agencies and spies hold the power over us common people. But with you gone, we have the power over the people."

"So basically you wanna replace us?"

He sneers in disgust at Damien's question.

"We will never be like you. Oliver won't allow such atrocities to happen."

"Why now though?" I ask 

He shrugs,"We were waiting for the right time. It's not easy going against you guys, the CIA, MI6 and SSS you know."

"but, London's a little ambitious don't you think?" I ask referring to when they first started taking out agents there.

"You gotta start to the place closest to your heart." he says cryptically.

I look at Damien who just nods and we stand up,"Good talk."

Justin stares at us in surprise,"That's it?"

I shrug,"I'm not gonna waste my time on small fish. Besides, I got everything I needed."

"But I didn't tell you any substantial information."

"you didn't have to."

He stares at me bewildered and I smirk at him. Before I leave the room, I pause at the door and turn to him,

"Why?" He knows what I mean and for a moment, his face shows regret.

"It's nothing personal. I'm simply choosing to be on the winning side. They're coming for you Alex and you can't escape it." he says in an ominous tone. I keep my expression neutral and cock my head to the side. Staring at him, I say"I changed my mind."

He turns confused but I slam the door shut. I walk into the torture room and grab out some tools. Damien looks at me and a slow smirk grows on his face.

"You really wanna do this?" he asks me.

"Do you wanna do this?" I ask him back. His face grows dark and he nods,"Let's teach that S.O.B a lesson."

an hour later, we emerge from the room sweaty and slightly bloody, Justin's cries drowned out by the shutting of the door. jay and Casey walk in and their eyes widen at the sight of us.

"Is he dead?" Jay asks. I shake my head,"Just a little shaken up and maybe missing a few body parts." Their eyes widen and Damien pipes up,"nothing major, don't worry."