Chapter 14

"Aleeeexxxxx!" i sigh, rubbing my temples trying my hardest not to blow my top at the idiot I call my best friend whose currently lounging on my office couch.

"What do you want, Jay?"

He puts his phone down, obviously bored with it and turns to me, pouting like a child.

"I'm bored."

Raising an eyebrow at him,"So?"

"You're mean."

"And you're irritating."

"If you want me to not be irritating, you could always talk to me."

"Jay, don't you have a company to run?"

"I'm on lunch break."

"You've been on lunch break for the past 3 hours."

"I'm the owner of the company. I can take as long a lunch break as I want."

"Well, can you take your 'lunch break' elsewhere?"

"I thought you loved me, Alex."

"I did. Now, I'm trying my hardest to not throw that penknife at you."

Jay opens his mouth to retort but another voice cuts him off.

"So violent, Angel."

I turn to the doorway, spotting Damien and Belle standing there, a smirk on their faces. Sighing in relief, I turn to them, practically pleading.

"You have no idea how glad I am to see you guys. Belle, please save me from your boyfriend. He's been complaining about how you've 'abandoned' him for the past 3 hours."

Both brother and sister roll their eyes while jay glares at me.

"You underestimate my pain and suffering, Alex. Some sister you are."

"And you have underestimated my pain for the past 3 hours, brother."

Damien and Belle chuckle at my dry tone and at Jay's expression.

Damien and Belle decided to have sibling bonding time over lunch today so Jay came over to my office with takeout, deciding that we too needed some bonding time, which I completely agreed with. We had lunch and chatted for a while till I needed to get back to work. The Dubai hotel was opening next week and I had a bunch of work to do before then. trust me, with my regular workload, I had been spending late nights at the office the past week. Anyway, Jay said he would chill out on my couch till they got back and I stupidly agreed. I should have known that man-child would not be able to keep silent for even 10 minutes. I didn't need complete silence but he constantly kept whining and complaining about how he was missing his girlfriend and blah blah blah. Seriously, I love the guy but sometimes I wonder how Belle puts up with him. 

Belle sits beside Jay, coddling him like a little kid. Damien and i share a look and I turn back to my computer., focusing on the final touches for the hotel. Damien takes a seat in front of my desk, picking up a pen and a company file off my desk. Looking at me for permission, I say

"Damien, you don't have to. You're swamped as it is."

He waves me off,"It's fine Angel."

Jay notices our exchange and jumps to his feet, rushing to Damien's side and plucking the file out of his hands, placing it on the desk again as it was a ticking time bomb.

"Bro, if you value your life, you will not touch her stuff. Trust me."

damien furrows his eyebrows at his best mate,"What the hell are you talking about?"