❝oh my disney❞ » chapter three

"Oh, isn't this amazing? It's my favourite part, because... you'll see. Here's where she meets Prince Charming - but she won't discover that it's him 'til chapter three!" - Beauty and the Beast 

        PETER PAN WOULD NOT put me down. 

        "Sorry, it was an accident, I just - and the pirates... knocked me over, and..." I stumbled over my words stupidly, staring up at this mysterious boy who had just saved me from what I believed to be certain death. How could it be that I was suddenly so paralyzed by the sight of his face? I'd always imagined what it would feel like to be held in Peter Pan's arms - up until I was seven - and for whatever reason, right now, I didn't want him to put me down. I wanted him to jump into the air and take me to Neverland. And we'd never come back, just like I'd always dreamed.

         (But this wasn't the real Peter Pan. Peter Pan didn't even exist.) 

        The boy holding me in his arms was far from Peter Pan - though his looks begged to differ. That mischievous grin and freckled nose had my mouth hanging open in shock - he really did look the part, that was for sure. I couldn't help but stare breathlessly into his light brown eyes as he stared back into mine with a matching intensity, and when he opened his mouth to speak, even his voice was exactly how I'd always thought it would be. "Those guys can be pretty crazy sometimes, huh?" He grinned down at me with a contagious smile. "Are you alright?"

        "I - yes, I'm fine, just a little..." I trailed off, not meeting his gaze. "Startled."

        His head shot up at the sound of the pirates cheering - probably the beginning of their act. "Do you want me to take you to the nurse?" he asked quickly, his eyes filling with concern. I could understand why he offered - I most likely looked very pale from the situation, and had also literally just plummeted over a flight of stairs. To say the least, I definitely looked like I'd had better days. 

        "No, I just told you, I'm fine," I replied sharply, my voice hardening and my eyes no longer wide and trance-like. "Would you mind putting me down?"

        "Are you sure you're alright?"

        "I'd be better if you'd put me down."

        He gently rested me on my feet, and I watched as his gaze moved from the performance that was currently going on without him, to me, standing there with my arms crossed. "Shouldn't you uh... get out there?" I asked in an annoyed tone, gesturing towards the act. He stared at me with his mouth hanging open slightly, as if he'd forgotten how to manage words. I couldn't be one to judge - when I'd fallen into his arms, I was pretty rusty on remembering the english language myself.

        "Uh, yeah..." he scratched his head in a daze, "I just wanted to make sure that you were alright."

        "Like I've said about ten times now, I am perfectly fine. See? No blood." I rolled my eyes. "Now go, before everyone else stops believing in you too."

        His brown eyes were big as he stared at me. "Wait, you don't believe in Peter Pan?" Oh, would he just leave already? 

        "Not that it's any of your business, but no, I don't happen to believe in you - or your stupid little fairies," I informed him in an irritated tone. "Now go - before you lose your job," I prompted him towards the show. 

        He looked from me to the crowd once more before running off, and I didn't bother to stay and watch. Why did it have to be Peter Pan, of all the thousands of useless Disney characters at this stupid theme park? Why did it have to be him? I'd been praying that I wouldn't have to run into him - and although falling into him was different, the interaction itself was what I was trying to avoid. I could still see that clueless seven year-old me, sitting cross-legged in front of the tv, staring up at the screen in awe as Peter Pan asked Wendy to run away with him.