❝oh my disney❞ » chapter five

"Adventure is out there!" - UP

        "I HAVE DECIDED that I'm going to make you like Disney."

        I was standing in front of a building that looked vaguely like Big Ben, shaking my head back and forth in disapproval with crossed arms, looking severely unimpressed. It was now my second week of work (I was genuinely surprised to hear that because of my performances at the concert, I wouldn't be fired) and Max had left a note in my dressing room asking for me to meet him at this location - why I listened to it, I'll never know. The sign that hung over me read "Peter Pan's Flight" in purple victorian letters, and I was sincerely dreading the reason for why he had wanted to meet me in this specific location, as I knew that it definitely couldn't be good. 

         I pursed my lips. "Gee Max, I knew you weren't the brightest, but I didn't think you were dumb."

         He only continues to smile. "Come on! Please go on this ride with me - trust me, you'll love it."

         I looked over at him, unimpressed. "Trust me - I won't."

        "What do you have against Peter Pan?" he asked, crossing his arms. "It's not like he ever did anything to you," he pointed out, and I shot him an annoyed glare.

        "You don't know that," I retorted defensively, turning and walking away with my frying pan swinging at my side. "And we're not even supposed to go on the rides while we're in costume. We're here to work, remember?" I pointed out. "I'm not willing to get in trouble just because you've got some stupid mission to uphold that - for the record - I never agreed to." 

        Max pouted. "Alice, stop being such a party pooper."

        "Did you seriously just call me a party pooper?" I asked, and he nodded gleefully. "You seriously need to grow up, Max."

        "You should really stop asking me to do that," he pointed out. "Especially when I'm in costume."

        "You should really stop following me," I snapped, quickening my pace. "Why do you want me to go on your stupid ride anyway? It's not like it's going to miraculously convert me into a Disney lover like you - I'm not that easily swayed." A sly grin appeared on Max's face, and I knew I'd walked right into a trap - most likely a very annoying trap, from the looks of things. 

        Max revealed his plan. "Trust me, Alice - you are going to fall in love with Disney, and I am going to be the one to make it happen. I don't care how many rides I have to take you on or how many movies I have to watch with you, I am going to cure you of your Disney disease," he explained, a triumphant smile on his face as he finished. "Everyone should believe in something - and Disney's as good a thing as any to believe in," he adds in quickly.

        "And what makes you think that I would go along with this plan?"

        I thought that would get him for sure - but he'd planned for me to say that. "If I can get you to fall in love with Disney again, I'll leave you alone," he offered, and I stopped walking. "I'll never bother you ever again - consider me gone. But, you have to truly love Disney before I'll leave you alone," he explained, and I had to admit, his proposal was already starting to sound pretty attractive, from my standpoint. 

         (I pondered the idea. Was it worth it? Spending an entire week with Peter Pan on a non-stop Disney roller-coaster? Seemed like trouble. But then again, anything would be worth it for Max to just leave me alone - I could go back to ignoring Peter Pan altogether. All it would take was one week of oohs and ahhs and pretending to like rides and movies I'd never have to watch again anyway. I was already being paid to pretend that I liked Disney - Max was just going to have to be one more person I'd have to convince - if I could convince him, that is. Still, it was worth a shot.)