❝oh my disney❞ » chapter six

"Trust. It's what friends do." - Finding Nemo

        "WE'RE GOING TO see who?"

        I was being dragged again. "Just trust me on this, Alice," Max assured me, his hand tugging on mine as we ran. I wasn't sure if he doubted my running abilities or if he just wanted to get me there before I changed my mind, but I was beginning to get really tired of being yanked all over the park. He stopped me in front of building that looked very much like a bungalow castle, with a big purple banner on top that read Princess Fairytale Hall in golden letters. "We're here," Max breathed, leading me inside without a second to lose. 

        "You know I haven't even seen this movie yet, right?" I asked, arms crossed. 

         Max arches a brow at me. "Yet? So you were planning on seeing it?"

        "No, I just-"

        "Max!" A red-headed girl came bounding towards him, a familiar goofy grin on her face. She practically knocked him over jumping into his arms, and I stood in a stunned silence, trying to put pieces together - but, being my usual clueless self, I just stood there and gaped like an idiot before finally connecting the dots. 

        "Alice, this is my little sister, Jamie." Oh. "She's playing Anna."

        "She's playing who?"

        The siblings just laughed - and judging from their uncanny resemblance and exact dimples that stood out as they laughed at my remark, I figured that they were probably twins. "She hasn't seen the movie yet," Max informed his sister in a warning tone, and Jamie nodded grimly, seemingly understanding what movie he meant without him even having to specify which one. Must be twin telepathy or something. I could already hear Max's voice in my head going, "You believe in twin telepathy, but you don't believe in Disney?" 

         Jamie smiled - hers is just as contagious as her brother's. "Well, you must really like her if you're bringing her to meet family already," she teased, and I could feel myself blushing as Max looked from his sister to me, practically sputtering as he attempted to explain that we were just friends. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding - gosh, this one can be so serious sometimes, huh?" she looked to me playfully. 

        I blinked at her. "Is that a joke?"

        Jamie just laughed. "So how many times has he made you suffer through 'It's A Small World'?" she asked curiously, twirling one of her braids.

        "You've got your sister's sense of humour," I looked over at Max with a deadpan. "And too many times," I groaned, siding with her. "He's trying to get me to like Disney - and so far, he's not doing a very good job."  

         Not the right thing to say to Max's sister. "You don't like Disney?" Her eyes bulged.

        I crossed my arms defensively. "Why does everyone keep asking me that like I just murdered someone? It's just Disney!" I exclaimed - luckily there was no one else in the room, or I would've been one strike closer to getting fired.

        The twins stared at me. "Just Disney?"

        "What are you two blabbering on about now?" A voice from behind me asked in a tone that I normally used. I spun around to find myself face to face with a girl in a white wig and the most gorgeous blue dress I'd ever seen. "You know, just because we work at Disneyland, doesn't mean we have to worship it every three seconds. And I think I reserve the right to use the phrase 'let it go' in situations such as these," she lamented, sauntering over to meet me with a cool smile.