❝oh my disney❞ » one shot results

Hey there, Disney fanatics! So before I get to the results of the one shot competition, I need to recount absolutely everything from my trip to Disney World, because this is a Disney themed story, after all, and what kind of human being would I be if I didn't tell the entire world about it? 

        (A normal one, probably.) 

        But I'm not normal, as I've so embarrassingly established in my author's notes. So first off, I found out that pretty much everything in my story is extremely inaccurate, and it makes me cry, and I apologize to all of you for not getting the facts of the story straight. Obviously the face characters don't get to just run around riding rides and having fun all day - they have these assigned places where the go and stand around to take pictures and sign autographs and such (and Rapunzel wears a wig, not extensions, duh). But what I did find out was that a lot of the time, they have one person play more than one character - for example, the girl who played Rapunzel also played Merida, and I found this out because I looked at the pictures earlier today and realized then that it was the same girl (at different parks too, which means this girl is a serious powerhouse). I searched this up and it actually makes a lot of sense - why would Disney hire a face character that can only play one person? 

        (Money making, people. It's all about the money making.)

        Just kidding. But seriously - it's good information for someone who wants to play a face character, preferably Rapunzel, someday - cough cough, me. I'm sure that there are probably some parts of "Oh My Disney" that are accurate - but since I went to Disney World and not Disneyland, I can't be quite sure. I did get to go to the "Be Our Guest Restaurant" (where Alice and Max witness the proposal in chapter eight) and truth be told, I still didn't figure out if that balcony is a real thing or not. Also, Ariel's underwater castle must actually be in Disneyland, because I did not see it in Disney World. I checked. 

        Several times. I was very disappointed when I found out it wasn't there. 

        Oh, and by the way, I waited in line for five hours to meet Elsa and Anna. Five hours in the direct sun with nowhere to sit and nothing to do - and it was still worth it. I got their autographs and even got to sing "Let It Go" with them! I'd have to say that the highlight of my Disney experience was either playing shadow tag with Peter Pan - he won, obviously - or meeting Rapunzel. I got a fast-pass to Princess Fairy Tale Hall - because I'm an impatient duckling - and she was seriously amazing. I created this whole Rapunzel outfit that I wore - because Disney rules are annoying and you're not allowed to dress up too much if you're over twelve years-old - and right away she said, "Oh my Gosh, you look just like me!" My brother has the whole thing on video, and my fangirling is quite embarrassing to say the least - but hey, you're never too old for Disney, right? 

        I'm going to stop rambling and just tell you about the one-shots now. 

        I really want to thank everyone who participated in the "Oh My Disney" one-shot competition, and - give me a moment to fangirl - applaud you on your fantabulous writing skills and imagination. It was really really cool for me to read everyone's take on Alice, Max and other characters, and I'm so happy that there are people out there who liked my story. Pixie dust will be awarded metaphorically to everyone who participated. 

        You're probably saying, just get on with it and tell us who the winner is already. 

        And with that, the second place winner is... 

        "Oh My Wonderland" by DefyingGravityXOXO! 
        [A dream in which Alice is sent to a world where Max doesn't love Disney, Grace is tolerable, and Will has a new girlfriend - her. What was the worst thing that could happen when Alice and Max get trapped on the Wonderland ride? Alice is about to find out.]