❝oh my disney❞ » chapter four

"Listen to me - the human world is a mess." - The Little Mermaid

        "ARE YOU ALWAYS this stubborn?"

        "Are you always this annoying?"

        Max wouldn't stop following me. After a few hours of taking pictures at my post, I was on my way to retouch my make-up and clock in for my break when Max found me and wouldn't let me out of his sight. "Why won't you just answer me? You know I'm not going to leave until you tell me why you hate me so much," he persisted, and I tried to stifle an eye roll in his direction, since we were still in the middle of the park. 

         I throw a subtle look his way. "What is with your obsession with me?"

        "What is with your hatred towards Disney?"he challenged me back. 

        I sighed. "I already told you - I'm not going to tell you."

        He laughed. "That is a very contradictory sentence," he pointed out.

        "Huh?"

        "It means - never mind." He followed me through the tunnels and all the way into my dressing room, even though I'd attempted several times to close the door and leave him stranded in the hallway. "So this is Alice's dressing room, huh? I don't know why, but I kind of expected it to have cobwebs and black lace instead of flowers and an admittedly impressive assortment of frying pans," he jokes, picking up a frying pan and giving it a twirl, knocking himself in the head in the process. 

        "This is Rapunzel's dressing room, not mine," I deadpanned, fixing my mascara.

        "But you are Rapunzel," he countered.

         I groaned, "Do you ever shut up?"

        "C'mon," he grinned at me, completely disregarding my annoyance towards him. "What do you have against me, anyways?" he asked, fixing me with a playful look. 

        "I don't have anything against you - it's your stupid obsession with Disney that gets on my nerves," I grumbled angrily, angling myself away from him. He looked at me like I'd just punched him in the gut - but considering how much he'd bothered me all day, we still weren't even yet. 

        Max fake-pouted at me through the mirror. "Seriously? That's it? That's why you've been acting like you want to see my head on a stick?" He raised an eyebrow at me, as if that wasn't a perfectly good reason to be annoyed with him. "What could you possibly have against Disney? It's Disney!"

         I pursed my lips. "Again, so?"

        Max just laughed. "Give me one good reason why you don't like Disney - no one isn't enough. Give me ten," he demanded, and I took in a deep breath - an admittedly overly dramatic one - ready to shut him up as soon as possible, even if that meant making up a bunch of silly reasons that ultimately still wouldn't get him to leave me alone. Worth a try, right? 

        "You'd better sit down," I instructed.

        "Why?" he grinned, "You think I can't handle it?"

        "No," I replied, pushing his chest forcefully so that he fell backwards into the chair behind him. "Because this is going to take a while," I explained, re-crossing my arms. I took a moment to think, wondering for a moment if there even was anything that I could say that would make this kid stop believing in Disney. Not that I cared or wanted him to, or anything, it was just that I knew what it was like to believe like he did, and if anyone had tried to get me to stop believing, I'd probably have been just as stubborn as he was. Even I wasn't a good enough debater to get him to side with me, and I'd only known him a day.