06 / triple green

"I HAVE a chocolate sundae please," Katrina told the waitress

"I'll get the cone with mint chocolate chip, green tea, and pistachio please," Verona ordered.

"That's a very odd combination." The waitress smiled at her, picking up the menus.

"What can I say? My mom always told me to eat my greens. Triple green ice cream cone it is." Verona joked.

The waitress nodded, heading to the back to place their orders.

"Man, you and Roman have the same food taste. It's disgusting." Katrina crinkled her nose.

"No, it's amazingly delicious." Verona objected.

"Whatever."

"You should try some."

"Whatever."

"Humph."

Katrina shrugged, "Anyways, how was La La Land?"

"Really good actually. Roman started sniffling at the-"

"No spoilers!" Katrina cut in, "I'm want to watch it with the cute boy."

"Ooh, the cute boy, huh?" Verona beamed, "Is he worth it?"

"Of course he is, or else I wouldn't have accepted."

"You never sent me a picture of him or his twin!"

"Here, I have a picture of him on my Snap. Also, hurry up and reply to me, we're going to lose our streak."

"Ugh, I hate streaks."

"Yeah, you lost ours like five times. It was getting so long, you better not lose this one this time." Katrina sighed.

"Okay, well, send me a picture of your love."

Katrina tapped on her phone, "It's all sent. Do you see it?"

"Ooh, yeah, he's really attractive. Not my type though." Verona commented.

"Yeah, your type is Roman Caccavale."

"Shut up, you shitface."

"It's true though!" Katrina declared, "You are so in love with Roman Caccavale. It's disgusting."

"He has a girlfriend, and I am not in love with that gross little weasel face. He can't even tell the difference between Debussy and Beethoven." Verona said.

"Mhm, and Jordan Myers couldn't tell the difference between a piano and a violin, so your point doesn't stand." Katrina pointed out, "You're just making excuses now."

"Ugh, like I said, girlfriend." Verona sighed, "And I don't do wishing or third chances. God knows Roman and I have had too many chances."

"I don't get how- thank you." Katrina lifted her gaze to thank the waitress, who returned with their ice cream, "Anyways, I don't get how you two are still friends. It's so weird."

"No, I mean, I think it was my cleanest break-up. Your break-up was pretty clean too." Verona licked her ice cream, starting with the mint chocolate at the top.

Katrina frowned, "Um, Ver, Roman and your break-up was not clean considering how you two are still in love with each other."

"Roman loves Emilia now."

"That doesn't mean he doesn't still love you."

"Katrina, Roman Caccavale and Verona Wang do not do love. At all. Especially not with each other."

"Whatever."

Verona shrugged, "Anyways, tell me about the cute boy. Roman and I are old news."

"Cute boy's name is Landon. He has a dimple on the side of his cheek when he smiles. He smiles a lot. He's great." Katrina scooped a spoon of her sundae into her mouth.

"Hmm, where did you meet him?"

"I was at work at Chipotle. And he orders a burrito bowl the same exact way I do, so I look up and he's super cute, and then he's so nice to his twin sister. So I was like, hook me up, honey."  Katrina sat forward, her eyes bright and excited, "He's really cool."

"You sound so excited. Can Roman and I stalk your date?" Verona asked offhandedly.

"Sure. Just text me if you think he's a slimeball, and I'll ditch him." Katrina said.

"Nah, I don't think he'll be a slimeball. You have a good eye for this kind of thing."

"Yeah, anyways, you have a really bad eye for people," Katrina commented to Verona.

"Hey, why are you insulting me now?" Verona protested, "And that's not true."

"Actually, it is. You dated Jordan the Jerkface, and then you also broke up with Roman, your love."

"Actually, Roman broke up with me the first time. I just let him. And the second time was a mutual decision."

"Whatever."

"Finish your sundae, it's melting. I'm already done with my cone."

"Whatever."

~~~

:(( no more Roman for the next two chapters, he will be back tho.