09 / stalking dates

"Hey, are you stalking my date today?" Katrina asked from Verona's phone

   "Hmm? What?" 

   "You said you wanted to stalk my date today, right?" 

   Verona sat up straight, "Wait, that's today?" 

   "Mhm." Katrina replied, "Did you forget?" 

   "Yeah, I did. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Where's he taking you?" 

   "To the movies." 

   "Ugh. Can't he be more creative?" 

   "Not everyone is as creative as your Roman boy was." 

   "Okay, what are you guys watching?" 

   "Don't know. He won't tell me." Katrina said. 

   "Hmm." Verona squeezed her phone between her head and her neck, "If he brings you to watch Fifty Shades Darker, can I dump popcorn on him?" 

   "Ugh. Yeah, totally do that." 

   "Are you getting ready right now?" Verona asked, getting up to fix herself a snack. 

   "Yeah, I just changed. Should I do my makeup?" 

   "Sure. If you feel like it. Maybe an eyeliner and some mascara. Is he going to kiss you?" 

   "Don't know. Should I let him?" 

   "If you feel like it." Verona replied, slicing into her kiwi. She was never good at peeling things with a knife. She swore softly as she nearly skinned her index finger. Why was peeling fruits so hard? 

   "Okay, are you bringing Roman to stalk my date?" Katrina asked, fumbling around. 

   "Ugh, probably." Verona replied, "Did I tell you I'm going to tutor Emilia in Trig?" 

    There was a pause and then a crashing noise, "Excuse me, did you say you're going to tutor your ex-boyfriend's current girlfriend in Trigonometry?" 

   "Yeah. That's what I said." Verona bite into her kiwi, "I probably shouldn't have offered, right?" 

   "Dunno." Katrina replied, "Verona, you are actually really kind." 

    "Um, no, I'm not. I'm super rude and mean and salty." 

    "True, but you have a kind heart. I wouldn't have offered even if she wasn't my ex-boyfriend's girlfriend." 

    "That's cause you hate math, and you would have failed if I didn't help you study." 

   "True also. Not everyone can be as smart as you." 

   "Ugh. I'm not smart." 

    "Mhm. Sure." 

    Verona checked the time, "Okay, anyways, I'm going to call Roman to see if he wants to stalk your date. What time is Landon boy picking you up?" 

   "At three. Tell Roman I said hi. Also, try not to be suspicious." 

    "Ugh. Fine." 

    "That means no giant sunglasses and black and ducking behind potted plants. Ahem." 

    "Ugh. You ruin all our fun." 

    "Good-bye." 

    "Bye. See you." 

~~~