16 / stars blooming

"I CAN TAKE Verona home."

Katrina had bid her friends good-bye after leaving with Landon, who was picking her up for a late night movie.

Verona made a mental note to check in with Katrina- they hadn't been going on their ice cream hangouts as often after Katrina and Landon began dating, and she was missing her best friend.

Roman raised his eyebrows at Leo's offer, but nodded. "I can only take one other person with me in my car anyways."

"Yeah, it makes more sense anyways if I take Verona." Leo said, "I live closer to her, if she still lives where she used to?"

Verona nodded at this.

"Great! I'll take her home." Leo said with a grin, "She hasn't had some Leo Winters quality time in two years. She's deprived."

Verona rolled her eyes, "Only because some idiot moved away in the middle of the night."

"You won't let go of that, will you?"

"Not even when we're old and pruny."

"You're assuming that we live that long and that I don't get carried off by an adoring fan."

"Shut up."

Roman shook his head, "Bye, guys. I'll see you guys later." He waved goodbye to them, his other hand grasping Emilia's.

Verona gave a thought and then turned around, calling out, "Emilia! I'll talk to you later?"

Emilia gave a nod before walking off to Roman's car.

"My car's here." Leo mentioned absently. He cast a look back at where Roman and Emilia were, "Emilia seems pretty sweet and nice."

Verona murmured her agreement absently.

Leo led her to his car, unlocking it and opening the door for her on the passenger side before walking around to his driver's seat.

"So how long have they been dating for?" Leo asked, starting the ignition.

"Almost half a year." Verona replied.

He turned out of the parking lot, giving her a sideways glance before saying, "You can choose the music if you want. I don't care what we listen to."

Verona reached over to mess around with his radio station, giving a slight grin, "Even Justin Bieber's Baby?"

Leo wrinkled his nose, "I have the power to eject you from this car. Don't try me."

Verona kept tinkering around with his radio, before settling on a classical station that was playing a Rachmaninoff trio, a piece she recognized.

"Are you dating anyone?" Leo asked abruptly, his voice cutting through the strings and piano.

Verona looked at him in surprise before replying, "No?"

"Good."

Verona blinked at him for a minute before venturing to ask, "Why?"