17/ recollection

[A/N: hi guys !!! nat here !!! i'm so sorry for taking so long to update, but in other news, i changed the cover? yay or nah?]

TWO YEARS AGO

VERONA GRINNED at Roman from over her cheese fries. They were seated in their usual booth, one that would come to be filled with more of their friends in the years that followed. 

It was comforting, how the diner never changed although the faces did. The air was always filled with the aroma of fries and burgers mingled with the smell of freshly brewed coffee. 

Verona had always wistfully thought of the future, dreaming that in years to come, she would come back to this diner to find that no time had passed. It was a comforting thought to her. 

"What?" Roman asked, catching the amused look she was sending him. 

"You have cheese all over your face." She said, pointing. 

"Oh, shut up." Roman replied, wiggling his eyebrows devilishly at her, "You should be a good girlfriend and help me get it off." 

Verona stared blandly at him, "I'm not kissing that cheese off you. That's so gross." 

Roman grinned at her, batting his eyelashes, "Are you sure?" 

Verona threw a napkin at him, "You are such a guy!" 

"Oh, really? I had no clue that I was a guy." 

Verona shook her head, "My sarcasm is rubbing off you." 

"As if. It's my amazing personality that's been gifting you all this time." 

Verona rolled her eyes, "Whatever that helps you sleep at night." 

"Keep insulting me, and I won't buy you a milkshake." 

"Ugh. Fine." Verona replied, "So rude, using a girl's weakness for milkshake to blackmail her." 

Roman smiled slightly at that, "You're cute. What flavor milkshake do you want?" 

Verona's cheeks flushed at his sudden compliment before she responded a bit wide-eyed, "Um, I don't know. They're all such good flavors." 

"You know what I've always wanted to try?" Roman asked. 

"What?" 

"To drink all the milkshake flavors." He paused as if for a dramatic effect, "At the same time." 

"Like all mixed together?" 

"Yes."

"That's stupid." Verona stated dryly, "You're going to get sick and feel like crap afterwards."