Part 3: Don't ever call anyone mudblood, understand?

Hermione was awake the next morning when the rays of the sun penetrated through the glass window of her room and fell on her flawless white skin.

She woke up to find herself in a little better condition, but the reality soon hit her like a summoning spell.

Why couldn't she just sleep on her comfortable bed, and dream about all those things she would never get in the real life?

Why does she always have to wake up and face the damned world?

Hermione didn't feel like doing anything this morning. She lied on her bed for almost half an hour, her eyes wide opened as she continuously stared at the ceiling.

Ginny was still sleeping and she could hear her light snores.

She released a deep sigh and walked into the bathroom to do her morning routine. Then she practically dragged herself to The Great Hall.

She spotted Harry as she went inside and sat beside him who greeted her. Ron seemed to be lost in the Daily Prophet and she didn't bother to break his reverie.

There was a weird silence at the breakfast. They quickly finished their breakfast and decided to head towards their first class of the day.

Their first class was Potions today so they made their way to the Dungeons. They reached the threshold of the class when somebody called for Ron from behind.

It was the Padma.

Something stung in Hermione's heart as she saw the girl, smiling so sweetly at Ron. It was, of course, jealousy. What hurt her the most was that Ron's expression mirrored hers.

"You all go, I'll catch up with you in a bit," Ron said, not meeting Hermione's scrutinising gaze while Harry nodded in reply.

They were still early in class and took their seats. Ron was not even guilty of what he did yesterday, let alone he would apologize to her. On top of that, he just ditched his girlfriend-slash-best friend for some random girl.

Hermione knew how Ron was around girls and since The War, his fame had been multiplied. No wonder girls were swooning around him, a lot. But he would never leave Hermione for someone, right?

After a few minutes, Hermione saw Ron whispering something to Harry after which he left and strode towards Padma's table.

She looked at Harry, after Ron's departure, with a what-was-that-about expression. Harry unable to ignore her, sighed and replied.

"He's going to sit with Padma for today's class."

What?

Even though she tried to mask her expression that it really didn't matter, Harry saw his best friend's face had fallen.

"Hermione, I am sure-" Harry began only to be stopped by Hermione.

"It's alright," she said, turning to the front and opened her book and dug herself into it.

She didn't say anything for the rest of the class and just tried to concentrate on Professor Slughorn's lecture.

But all she could concentrate was Padma's unstoppable gigglings and their too much closeness. As soon as the bell rung, she sprung from her seat and went straight to the Common Room.

All her day passed like a blur, ignoring Ron and trying hard to concentrate on the classes. Harry tried to talk to her, but she didn't open up.

In the evening, when she was sitting in the Common Room, Ron was nowhere to be seen. Unfortunately so was Padma. Harry, too, didn't know anything about his absence.

"I'll get some air. See you around," Hermione said and smiled at Harry. Harry opened his mouth to say something but then decided against it. He nodded and smiled in reply.

Though her real plan was to look for Ron.

She passed the third corridor when she heard someone shouting,

"Apologize to her, right away."

She immediately recognised the voice. It was Draco's. She tiptoed towards the sound and a sobbing girl came into view. The girl was accompanied by three other boys.

"You heard me," Draco's voice echoed reminding her of his presence. Hermione hid behind a wall to take a better look at the situation.

"I..I am..I am sorry. I won't ever call you that again," said the smallest blonde boy of the group. This situation was somewhat similar to the one she faced years ago.

"Don't ever call anyone mudblood, understand?" Said Draco in a bossy tone. The boys nodded frantically and then ran away as if he is going to take away their precious possession.

"Thank..you," the brunette girl said between her sobs. Draco shot a smile at her and she went away.

Hermione's eyes were wide open in shock. Draco Malfoy, the arrogant pure-blood, stood for a mudblood. There had been a drastic change in his behaviour. It was so unusual, that she still couldn't believe her own senses.

Draco went away and she too began her expedition.

♡♡♡

A\N: Hello! I bet you weren't expecting this. But I always imagined Draco silently protesting against all the wrong. And this was one of them.

Banner credit: Here_4_You.

Don't be a silent reader.

Love,

-The_Dweeb