Part 12: You look beautiful Granger

Hermione gladly gave him her hand and electricity rushed through her as their skin made contact. Draco shot her a smile, that made her skip a beat. They walked towards the floor gracefully, like they were the princes and princess of their own wonderful kingdom. They even looked like one!

Before they reached the floor, Headmistress shot them a 'best-of-luck' smile. Both of them nodded as they reached the spotlight. Before the music begun, Draco whispered so that only she can hear.

"Are you nervous?" She could hear the mischief in his voice. She debated whether to accept it or deny right at his face.

"A little," she answered diplomatically. His lips curled into a smirk. She opened her mouth to say something, but the announcer paused her.

"Ladies and Gentlemen,"

"I know you are palm-twitchingly nervous," Draco whispered again.

"the first dance of the evening," Announcer's voice echoed in the background.

"What?" Hermione was a little offended.

"You look beautiful Granger." He complimented her before putting his left arm around her waist and his right arm fit into her left, perfectly.

"by Ms Granger and Mr Malfoy."

She was shocked at what happened just a few seconds before. Did Malfoy, Draco Malfoy just compliment her? On her beauty?

She couldn't even murmur thanks before the music began.

She didn't notice a grand piano was placed in the rightmost corner of the room until it started to play, and for the first time, she saw a real man playing it. Usually, they use magic to play any kind of instrument.

She instantly remembered the time when Draco also played his guitar without any spell.

Draco moved with the melodious sound which surrounded the whole castle instantly, and Hermione just unconsciously copied his movements.

They looked perfect!

Soon a female voice filled their ears. She started to sing very slowly.

Something always brings me back to you.

It never takes too long.

No matter what I say or do, I'll still feel you here,

'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch, you keep me without chains.

I never wanted anything so much, than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.

Set me free, leave me be.

I don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity.

Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.

But you're onto me and all over me.

Oh, you loved me 'cause I'm fragile, when I thought that I was strong.

But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

I live here on my knees, as I try to make you see

That you're everything I think I need here on the ground.