Part 14: She needed to tell him this before she chose to sleep forever

My dear son Draco,

We have got the 'Mudblood'. Let's get our revenge. I've missed you for so long. Hope to see you soon.

Don't keep me waiting.

-LM

Draco's hand trembled as he read the letter for the third time now. His eyes widened in horror, imagining all the tortuous things his father must be doing to Hermione.

His heart clenched tightly, only at the thought of it. He wanted to save her. He cannot stand to see her again going through all the agony.

Last time when she was tortured, she ended up engraving mudblood on her hand. The images of her lying down on the floor, screaming in pain, send chilled shivers down his spine.

I have to save her.

With this determination, he crumpled the letter, threw it on his bed, grabbed his wand and made his way to face his evil father. Not to assist him but to revolt against him.

He was done being coward. His father had become a lunatic, thinking only about revenge. Though his heart was filled with terror from his father, somehow he managed to keep going.

He reached outside the gate of Hogwarts. The cold winds blew on his face, making his face numb. He took a look back at Hogwarts, sighed deeply causing a cloud of fog nearby him and apparated.

"I just saw Malfoy leaving the campus." Ron barged into Harry's room breathing heavily.

"What?" Harry asked standing up.

"Yes. I think he is going to his father. We should follow him," Ron suggested breathing calmly now.

"Yeah. You are right. We'll inform Ginny. She could follow us with Hermione."

"Okay. Let's go now," Ron said, as both of the boys left their dorm.

Draco stood before his deserted home.

The Malfoy Manor!

His heart was filled with the same loneliness he felt every time he looked back into past. He hasn't been here for so long. He felt a sharp stinging feeling in his eyes. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and made it clear what he's going to do.

He went to the back side of the Manor and gently tapped three times with his wand and a non-verbal spell. The door opened, creakingly.

He stepped inside the eerily darkened room.

"Lumos," Draco mumbled. His wand immediately lit up, showing him his way. He heard some faint sound of someone shouting from his left.

He went there and found a dusted wooden door. The sound grew louder, and he immediately recognized the voices. Somebody was crying and a man was shouting.

A sharp high-pitched screaming voice invaded his ears. It was Hermione.

Then he heard a maniac laugh. He brought pressed his ear against the door to hear the conversation clearly, before entering inside.

"This is just the beginning, you filthy mudblood. You will have to pay for every second that I spent in that hell. Oh, this is going to be fun," Lucius' voice echoed the room, and Draco felt the same uneasiness in his stomach as he felt everytime his father was torturing someone.

"You'll be back in that hell very soon Lucius," Hermione spoke angrily breathing loudly.

"You mudblood. Wait you'll pay for it now," Lucius growled. Draco caught his breathing.