Part 13: Stay away from her

Draco tossed around on his bed for the hundredth time that night. But he couldn't sleep at any posture. Whenever he closed his eyes, Hermione's soft lips and her passionate kiss jolted him awake.

Frustrated and cursing in his mind, he got up from his bed to drink some water.

It was almost 2 am in the night. He drank a glass of water in a single breath, put it down on the table with a thud, and walked towards his room window.

The crescent moon was up, and as he stared at it, all the past memories flooded through his heart and mind. He remembered the first time when he saw her, bushy curly brown hair, chatting incessantly and carrying a book.

He liked her since then. The moment his grey pupils met with her browns, he felt something that he had never felt before. But being a Malfoy, had its own perks.

He released a deep sigh and shifted his gaze to the million stars twinkling.

During his first year vacation, he told his mother about this bushy witch he came across with. His mother inquired a furthermore, and finally, Draco told her about his stupid crush on Hermione Granger.

Somehow Lucius came to know about it. Maybe Narcissa told him, he never knew how. He called Draco in his study to talk, man-to-man.

Draco was already scared of his father, even though he never really punished him. But Draco has seen what he was really capable of.

He went into his study, to find him indulged in a Dark Magic book.

"Father you called me?" Draco asked in a trembling voice.

"Ah yes." He snapped his book shut, causing Draco to flinch a little, but he suppressed it. "Come sit Draco."

Draco walked and sat on one of the wooden chairs, across his father.

"So how's school going?" Lucius asked with a fake concern.

"Its..good, father," he told him, staring at his knotted fingers.

"Any girlfriend?" Lucius directly asked with a slight smirk on his face. Draco's head snapped in his direction, shock clearly plastered on his face.

"N..n..n..no father," he stammered.

Lucius let out a laugh, that caused Draco to shrink more in his chair. He just wanted to apparate from here. He did not want this.

"What about that Granger girl, eh? Do you like her?" He asked. His grey eyes, same as Draco's, was cold like stone and all his humour was gone. Puff!

"Uhh.. father... Its nothing serious, I promise you. I'll focus on studies. I'll never do.." He was interrupted by his father.

"Answer-what-I-am-asking. Do you like her?" He spoke viciously. Draco was so scared that his forehead was covered with sweat beads and his hands were shaking. "And don't you dare utter a lie."

Draco gulped and did not lie any further.

"Yes, I like her," he said almost in a whisper. But Lucius didn't ask him to repeat.

"Hmm... Forget about her. It's my order. Remember, you are a Malfoy. You can't go fooling around some mudblood," he said calmer than a few seconds ago.

"Mud-what?" Draco asked with a confused expression.

"Mudblood. Muggle-born. Her blood status is very low, compare to ours. Lower than the Weasleys. It would be a shame if you even talk to her politely. We are the pure-bloods, and we hate them. So will you. Understand?" Lucius explained.