Part 16: You really think you could play tricks I am master at

Flashback

"Please open your eyes, Hermione. Look at me." Draco pleaded as he closed his eyes and cried. "Don't leave me please."

"I won't," Hermione whispered and looked into his grey eyes from her brown ones. Draco smiled.

"You scared me, Granger. Don't do it again." He said as he pecked on her lips lightly.

"Yes? Malfoy just admitted he was scared, by me." She said mockingly which caused Draco to chuckle.

"Sweet love, huh?" A deep voice filled the room.

Lucius.

"Avada Kedavra."

Present

The curse echoed through the room. But then, it all got silent. Nobody spoke anything. It felt like they even stopped breathing. It was like the clock stopped ticking.

After a few seconds, Draco broke the eternal silence.

"Hermione?" He whispered. Hermione's eyes were shut tightly. She opened them slowly on hearing her name.

She opened her eyes to find Draco smiling down at her. Suddenly she felt a hot liquid near her waist. She tore her gaze from him and saw blood oozing out of Draco's leg.

"Draco," she shrieked in horror and sat up straight.

Behind him, she saw Lucius lying on the floor, and Harry standing behind him, with his wand stretched out.

Lucius was not even breathing, she observed, and then she realized what happened.

Harry dropped to his knees and was continuously staring at Lucius' lump body.

Harry was the one to cast the killing curse, to kill Lucius. He had never used it before, to kill anyone. Since he was diagonal to Lucius, the curse hit Draco too in the leg, and he started to bleed.

Ginny and Ron already ran up to Harry to comfort him because he looked like he was in great shock.

Draco's hand slipped from Hermione's and he fell down with a thud.

Hermione's eyes widened in shock and she scooted closer to him.

"Draco," she whispered running her hand through his golden hair. His face became pale and soon there was a pool of his blood.

Ignoring Lucius' body, she crawled and took his wand to heal Draco. She cast the spell, but when he didn't open his eyes, tears threatened to roll down her cheeks.

"Draco please, open your eyes," she pleaded as she started to cry.

"Please," she pleaded again. She shook his shoulders in the manner to jerk him awake.

"Hermione," Draco whispered, struggling to open his eyes. "You are okay," he said as he placed his hand on her cheek.

"Of course I am okay. You are the one who got hit," she said sniffling. His lips twitched up into a smirk, which caused Hermione to smile a little.

"I am fine. I have you.." Draco gulped his dry throat. "...by my side." He completed and Hermione's smile grew.

She leaned down to kiss him and he immediately responded to the kiss passionately.

Hermione pulled away from the mesmerizing kiss and stared into his grey orbs.

For the first time in forever, his eyes looked genuinely happy and lively. She felt like his gorgeous grey eyes were smiling at her. She cannot help but smile in return.