Part 11: Its just a dance

It was Sunday next day and Hermione woke up earlier than usual. The feeling of loneliness soon took over her mind and body as she opened her eyes. She wanted to talk to someone about what was going on with her.

She did her regular routine and decided to take a walk across the Lake to clear her mind and to get some fresh air.

There were not many students awake at that hour. She swiftly made her way past the castle to the Lake.

The cool breeze hit her skin and she took a deep breath, enjoying the weather. She walked a bit further and heard the faint sound of water stirring in the lake. The sun was still not up but the bright orange light almost filled the sky. The mixture of orange, yellow, red and some strokes of pink made the sky look enchanting.

Magic was certainly beautiful, but nature is spectacular. It was cold outside but somehow it managed to cool down her inner storm. She closed her eyes inhaling all the fresh air her mind and heart desired.

"May I join you?" A voice said from her right and she immediately recognised it. The Chosen One.

She opened her eyes slowly to see a smiling Harry standing close to her.

"I am sorry if I am interrupting your time alone," he said softly, now turning to the sky which was now completely painted with different shades of orange.

"No Harry. I actually wanted to talk to you," she said looking at him.

"Right. Its been so long since we had a proper talk," he said facing her with a smile. "Let's talk."

She sighed and debated in her mind from where to begin. After a momentary pause, when she didn't say anything, Harry said again,

"Come on Hermione. You can start from anywhere," he said as if reading her thoughts.

She let out a small laugh and began.

"You probably have seen Ron yesterday, all bruised and injured," she said gulping the thoughts from yesterday.

Harry nodded. But when he didn't interject her, she continued further.

"Do you know the reason?" She asked looking away.

"Yes. He told me that he got into a fight with Malfoy. And refused further to reveal," he said looking straight at her, for the answers she knew.

"That is correct," she said nodding. "But it's not the complete truth."

A pause. She closed her eyes, but when she opened them again she looked directly into his blue ones.

"He got into a fight because of me." She completed her statement.

"And?" Harry asked showing no sign of shock. Ignoring his lack of astonishment, Hermione continued. She told him everything from the beginning when Ron broke up with her, quoting the exact words he said. She could never forget that night, but then she could never forget yesterday's evening too.

Tears began to sting in her eyes again, but she held them back. Harry didn't say a word until she told him everything, including the other night's incident. But by the time she reached at the end, some of it spilt out. She quickly wiped them off with the back of her hands.

Harry looked at her with so much care, that it made her giggle lightly.

"Harry, come on. It's just some teenage drama," she said without meaning a single word. "I'll be fine," she said and quickly averted her gaze from his.

"Come 'ere," Harry said and pulled her into a tight hug. She hugged him back. His hug provided her all the love, warmth, support and feeling of protection she needed.