Part 4: Can I borrow my boyfriend?

As Hermione was still looking for Ron, she saw him and Padma sitting on the staircase of the Astronomy Tower.

Jealousy and anger filled her mind in just an instance. In the back of her mind, she was really hurt about the fact that Ron could really cheat on her. She was his bestfriend and yet he could not tell her. If there was sudden changes in his feelings or even if his love had faded away, he could just tell her and she would've backed away. But no, he had to lie and cheat.

She was mad as hell and wanted to pull Padma with her hair and hex her badly. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm herself.

"Sorry to interrupt to you both, but can I borrow my boyfriend?" She said sarcastically, emphasizing the last two words.

Two pair of eyes snapped in her direction, shocked. She crossed her hands on her chest and fixated her gaze on Padma, ignoring the irritation that flushed on Ron's face.

Padma was a little uncomfortable at this encounter and all she managed to say was,

"Yeah..sure."

Ron frowned deeply. Hermione was still shooting death glares at her when Padma left.

Ron came up to Hermione and asked irritatingly,

"What is wrong with you?"

What? How could he asked this after what he has done? To be honest he should be apologizing to her right now.

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you?" She snapped with the same fierce as of Ron. When he didn't he say anything, she continued.

"You are supposed to be spending with me...us. But you are here, all alone, with Padma. The entire day you are with her. What are you doing Ron?" She shouted.

Ron averted his gaze from hers, for a second only to run his hands through his flaming-red hair.

"I want answers. Whatever had happened between us, I want to fix it," she said softly, calming down a bit and forcing her tears not to fall. She couldn't be weak now.

"That's the thing. You can't, Hermione. You can't do anything and to be honest I am done dating you in the library. You are so boring Hermione. I can't do this anymore." Her heart shattered in millions of pieces and her voice got stuck in her throar. But he wasn't done yet.

"You know what, maybe Padma was right, you are a book transfigured to be human," he said harshly and almost in one breath.

She couldn't believe what she just heard. She realized it was actually nothing but the truth because Ron was directly staring at her eyes, without even blinking. She couldn't bear it any longer and tears rolled down her cheeks.

"You...you think of me like that?" She stuttered.

"Honestly, yes."

"So you are just breaking up with me?" She asked, more to herself. She didn't know how to react. She was not planned for this. Planned? She never even thought about it. Never.

"Yes, Hermione, I am breaking up with you," and with that, he walked past her, leaving her there all alone.

She still couldn't believe what just happened. This was totally not according to what she had thought. She was supposed to ask him questions and fix whatever was wrong between them. He would realize his mistakes, apologize to her and hug her. She would cry in his arms and tell him how much she had missed him and how he had missed her too. They would discuss their crappy day and all will be well. Break up was certainly not a part of it.

Her mind was spinning like The Time Turner. She didn't know where to go. Ron would probably be in the Common Room, and she didn't want to face Harry or Ginny. Crowded room was the last place she wanted to go right now. She wanted to be alone and process all the things that had happened to her.

So she went to the top of Astronomy Tower.

Draco was standing at the top of the Astronomy Tower as cold breeze was hitting his face.

He was holding a letter from St. Mungos. They had taken his mother in. She had an emotional breakdown, and was not well at all.

He didn't know what was happening to the perfect little world of his. He didn't know what to do and how to be normal again. All he knew was that he wanted to fix it, badly.

His thoughts were interrupted by someone's sobs. He went to look for her/him and what he saw was a scene he never imagined he'll ever see.

He saw a bushy brown haired girl, sitting, resting her head on top of her arms on her knees.

"Granger?" he thought. He didn't expect her there, and obviously not crying.

The great warrior who stood against Dark Lord, current Head Girl, was crying hysterically in front of him. She looked so vulnerable to him.

He thought of ignoring her and to leave her alone in whatever her grave sadness was. She is the last person he'd ever care about. But he did something very un-Draco like.

He went and sat beside her.

♡♡♡

A\N: Bon jour!

I just want to say please don't hate Ron. He's a bit...weird. But don't hate him lol. He'll come back. Eventually.

Super awesome banner by Here_4_You. Loads of thanks girl!!!

Comment your thoughts.

Love,

-The_Dweeb