Part 10: No one gets to insult you except me

Thank you countingsunsets for this banner.

Flashback

Suddenly a light shot, throwing Ron's body a couple feet away from her.

"You're so dead Weaselby," Draco screamed from behind anger radiating from him.

Present

Hermione put her hands around her mouth as she saw Ron's body thrown a few feet away. She couldn't decide what made her more to remain in shock, Draco's blood oozing face or Ron's harsh confession or the fact that her best friend was lying on the ground injured.

"I am gonna kill you weasel," Draco's words snapped her out of her shock. But before she could stop him, he launched himself on Ron. He started punching him mercilessly in the face with some devilish anger. Blood was soon all over Ron's mouth.

She ran towards them and held Draco's hands interrupting him to hit Ron any further.

"Draco stop it." She was now crying fully. When he ignored her presence completely, she started to shake his shoulders. "Stop it please," she pleaded.

Draco looked at her. Her bloodshot watery eyes, and incessantly flowing tears calmed his aggressive act.

Before he could move from Ron's torso, a hard punch landed on his jaw and he fell to the other side. Ron took this opportunity and got up with his wand ready to hex him.

All this happened so fast that Hermione took some moments to figure out who was in lead now.

"You bloody ferret. You are gonna pay for it," he said gritting his teeth causing some of the blood to spit from his mouth.

Draco got up almost immediately and now he was ready with his wand.

"Reducto," Ron yelled. Hermione closed her eyes as both the lads started jinxing each other.

"Portego," Draco shouted from the other side.

"Stop it please!" She shrieked but all in vain.

"Flipendo," Draco attacked.

"Expellarimus." Ron shot but Draco missed with an inch.

Shaking with terror Hermione held out her wand and yelled.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

Both of the boys got separated from each other and Ron became unconscious.

"Stop it please," she whispered still crying. Her knees felt weak and she fell to the ground on her knees. She felt like the whole world was spinning in front of her. A few moments before she was almost about to kiss her mortal enemy. The next moment Ron showed up with so much hatred in his heart. And then both of the boys started a duel and a desire to skin each other alive. Now she has hurt the one person whom she never ever intended to hurt in her life and defending the one person she wanted to hex every time they met.

Seeing Hermione from a distance, Draco could see her breakdown very clearly. His boiling blood cooled down a little and he quietly came towards Hermione. He knelt down at her level and held her by the shoulders. She looked up at him with distress all over her face.

"No one, I mean it, no one gets to insult you. Except me," he said with so much possessiveness in his voice.

Hermione didn't know what to say to this. So she continued to stare at his cold grey eyes. A part of her was thrilled to see this side of Draco. After a few moments when none of them stirred, Draco stood up lowering his hands towards her. Her breathing slowed down a little and she was quite normal.

He took her hands and moved towards the castle leaving Ron to his position as he was.

"Wait," she mumbled as if forgetting something. He looked at her questioningly. She drew out her wand, causing Draco to shot her a confused expression. She turned towards Ron and cast,

"Rennervate."

Tears found their way back on her cheeks again. Draco took hold of her hand and whispered,

"Let's go." And they apparated back to the castle.

They took the alternate way to the Heads' Common Room. Draco said the password and soon they were inside.

"I am going to take some rest," Hermione said without any emotion in her words. She didn't even wait for Draco to wish her night or even nod. She just numbly went back to her dormitory slamming the door behind her.

Draco went to his room and shut the door hard. Not much hard for Hermione to hear. He could not recognize the side of him that showed up when Ron was insulting Hermione. That deep desire to rip someone apart was one of the emotions he was not acquainted with. Lately, he was feeling and doing things he never dreamt of doing even in his wildest dreams.

He kicked the beside table hard, causing it to topple over with all the things on it to the floor. The only thing he received from this act was a sharp pain shooting at his legs. He cursed under his breath and went to look something to drink. After not a very long search he found a whiskey and soon filled his glass.

The bitter taste of alcohol did not seem to numb the questions his inner self-was asking him. These feelings were alien for him. If Ron hadn't shown up there, he would have definitely kissed her. For the first time at that moment, he seriously wanted to forget everything and without any fear of future, he just wanted to live in that particular moment. She really felt like a dream to her, a perfect soothing dream, a dream he wanted to chase without any sleep, a dream for which he could either destroy himself or the whole wide world.

But she wasn't any normal, random girl with whom he can spend his nights. She was Hermione Granger. The Mudblood.

And he can't fall for her.

Keeping this thought in mind, he gulped the last of the bottle, feeling a burning sensation moving down his throat. He tossed the bottle aside and fell down on his bed, not even in the state to have a dream.

Hermione quickly took a hot shower, relaxing her muscles, washing away the tears and dirt. When she laid on her bed she felt so light-weighted. She might have, too, drained her sorrow with the water. At this moment her room and bed was her heaven. She closed her eyes as they were burning from the tears she continuously shed. She has had a very long and tiring day, and one of those days she hardly wanted to keep in her mind. She soon drifted into some other world and there she saw those cold, stony, grey orbs staring at her but for the first time, they felt alive more than ever.

♡♡♡

A\N: Hello my lovely readers!

I know this one's a little bit short from the last ones, but I seriously didn't get much time to write. So this is what I came up with.

Don't be a ghost reader.

Love,

-The_Dweeb