Challenge #13

Jace POV

Jace POV

"Jace how is your training going?"Maryse asks as we embrace in a hug.

"Good thank you Maryse, how come you're back early?"

"Well mum was just telling us about how Izzy's relationship with that Seelie has now affected their contact with the Clave" Alec stepped in, irritation clear in his face.

"Wait you are blaming Izzy for this?" Clary steps up, Maryse sighing in annoyance at her presence, i hadn't even noticed that she was there.

"Yes that is what happens when you break the order" Maryse bites in, she has always been against Downworlders,

"Now where is the mixed blood girl?" Maryse orders, irritation coursing through me at her bias and apparently Im not the only one when a clearly angry Genevieve speaks up

"I'm here" she speaks from directly behind Maryse, a smirk on her face as she managed to frighten the older women. Maryse's cold exterior becomes worse if that was eve possible as she addresses Genevieve,

"Ah the mix blooded girl who has caused the downworlders such problems."

"Oh well Maryse, it was my pleasure to do your job for you" Vieve bites back causing the older women to step towards the younger one, a harsh cold glare directed at her.

"Shut up" Maryse steps forward slapping Genevieve in the face, I move forward automatically on instinct, what the fuck? Maryse was always temperamental but she would never lay a hand on one of her children. I stop when I see Genevieve grin at my mother figure pride that she managed to get to her.

"Now mother what jobs do you have for us?" Alec interrupts breaking the tension. Maryse focuses back on us and I catch Genevieve grin at me with a knowing expression and a little wink that makes me feel like a love struck teenager.

"So eager Alec, i would like you to stay with the mundane and the mixed girls while Izzy and Jace pay the Seelies a visit"

I block out what Maryse is saying as her and Alec argue, I swear if Alec is rude to Vieve ugh what am i saying she will put him in his place ad I get the day away from Clary. oh gosh i almost feel bad for Alec. Izzy grabs y hand pulling me out of my thoughts and we leave the others to go see the Faerie.