Chap 9 - Nick is Delusional and A New Mate

Nick's POV
Ugh! Why is life so unfair. Why does Percy get a sweet motorcycle to ride instead of ridding in the truck. I should have the motorcycle. I should get the unlimited money credit card. Argh! I'm more powerful than him, I should get all those things. Hmm... maybe that's why dad called me to Santa Monica. Maybe he wants to reward me for being such an awesome hero. Yeah, that's it. I can't wait to see Percy's face when dad gives me my rewards. With that final thought I drifted off to sleep.

~Dream~
I was standing at the edge of a pit. It looked bottomless.

"Ah, Nicholas Jackson the son of Poseidon. I have watched you on your quest and I must say it was very amusing to see you faint over and over again. But I can see the potential for power. Join me and I will give you that power." A voice rumbled through the pit.

"Who are you?" I said bravely (Not really).

"Who am I? I am the Titan Lord Of Time and true king of the Olympus, puny demigod!" The voice boomed, making the ground rumble.

'Who the heck is the Titan of time?' I wondered.

"Once I rise out of this pit, I will regain my rightful position as king and those who help me will be greatly rewarded. So I ask once more, do you aid the Olympians or me?" He asked.

"I am loyal to Olympus and once I defeat you, I'll be the greatest hero in history and they'll surely make me a god." I said.

The voice laughed and started to fade.

~Dream over~
I woke up with a start. I looked around and realised I'm not near the pit anymore.

"What were you dreaming about?" Annabeth asked me.

"How did you know I was dreaming about something." I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

"You were to tossing and turning in your sleep. So what was it about?" She said, rolling her eyes.

"It was about something in a pit. There was a voice. It said help me rise from the pit and when he regains his position he will reward those who helped him. He said he was a Titan of time. Who is that?" I told her.

"It's...umm...Kronos. He's the Titan of time and before the rule of the gods, he was the king. You didn't accept his offer did you?" She asked me.

"Of course not, I'm loyal to my father and once I kill this Kronos, I'll be the greatest demigod ever." I smirked.

"Oh please. You? Kill Kronos? You're just a demigod, Kronos is a Titan Lord. The king of titans. You wouldn't even last a second against him. Not to mention all you did during this quest is faint." She said walking off to sit on the other side of the truck.

How dare she say that about me! I didn't faint, I never fainted. She was just hallucinating. I defeated the Minotaur, the furies, Medusa, the Chimera and Echidna. I am a hero. I'll show her. I'll show everyone.

Percy's POV
I arrived at the Lotus Hotel before the idiots and decide to explore the hotel. I walked to the receptionist to book my room.

"Hi, how may I help you sir?" He asked.

"Yeah I'd like one of your biggest suites and two small ones." I said.

"We have an available penthouse on the top floor and two rooms on the 5th floor." He said.

"I'll take it and if you see two kids come in here give them the keys, tell them it's from Mr. Chaos. A boy with brown hair and green eyes and a girl with blonde hair and grey eyes. Or maybe you'll recognize them as demigods." I told him.

"Umm...I don't know what-" I cut him off. "I know what this place is. The lair of the lotus eaters. I'm not gonna do anything about it but in return I want you to keep those demigods here as long as possible. Give them the room keys but don't give them the Lotus Casino cards, alright? Tell them everything is on the house. Don't worry I'll pay for it. Do we have a deal?" I said extending my hand.

He looked at me and slowly a smile grew on his face.

"Of course Mr.Chaos. I will give them the cards myself." He said shaking my hand.

I took the elevator to the top floor where my room was but I also knew that the di Angelos' were my neighbours. I went over and nervously knocked on the door. A couple seconds later, the door swung open and a 10 year old faced Nico appeared. I forgot he looked this adorable.

"Percy!" He shouted jumping onto me.

He latched onto my body and wouldn't let go. I guess being 10 allows you to do that. I walked in the room and shut the door behind me.

"Hey Nico, how're ya?" I asked him.

"I'm good, except that weird feeling I got when I was transported back in time. It was like my insides were turned to mush. But I got to see Bianca again." He said with a toothy grin.

I smiled back at him.

"Speaking of Bianca, where is she?" I asked.

"Oh my gods. Percy?" I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned a round and wanted to shout 'Bianca!' but was cut off with a bright pink light. I felt Nico get off of me.

"My sister?! Seriously Percy." He shouted surprised.

"I'm sorry. I can't exactly choose the person." I said defensively.

"Wait what's going on?" Asked Bianca.

Nico and I looked at each other and Nico said, "You tell her, she's your mate."

I heaved a sigh. We sat down and I told her what happened after she died and about the mates thing. When I finished, she was silently processing what I just told her.

"So I'm your mate. And you have 3 others." She said.

"Yup." I confirmed.

"Who are the others?" She asked.

"Well the first if Thalia then after her I found out the second one was Artemis, the third is you and I don't know who the fourth one is yet." I said.

"Are the rest okay with it?" She asked.

"Thalia is okay with it but I haven't really got the chance to talk to Artemis yet. What about you though, are you okay with this?" I asked hesitantly.

"Even before I died, I had feelings towards you and if Thalia is okay with sharing then I am too. All that matters is that I get to be with you." She said, sitting in my lap.

"Huh, that's what Thalia said." I smiled at her.

Suddenly the door burst open and Nico waltzed in holding a plate of nachos.

"Hey Perce, I saw the two idiots downstairs." He said through a mouthful of cheesy goodness.

"Nico language." Chastised Bianca.

"That my queue I go, I've been here for 6 days already." I said, checking my watch. Yes I have a watch.

"Guys remember to train your powers and before I go here these are for you. You're joining me on my mission right?" I asked.

"Yea of course Perce." "Yes Percy." They both said.

I handed Bianca a bow and a dagger and I gave Nico an upgraded version of his old Stygian Iron sword.

"Bianca, when you pull back the string and arrow will appear. The tip is made of the same combination of metals as mine along with the dagger. Nico, the sword blade is also like mine. Dad helped upgrade your sword." I told them.

"Sweet, thanks Uncle Chaos." Nico shouted to the roof.

It flickered black for a while.

"Alright I should go. See you guys soon." I said.

At the door, Bianca kissed me on the cheek while Nico made a disgusted face in the background. I smiled at them on last time and headed for the lobby.