Chap 24 - The Curse and Uncovered Plans

On Helix
Percy's POV
Currently, the army was having some sort of celebration for their commander coming home. I'm flattered and everything but isn't a celebration a bit much for returning to Helix. I was dancing with Artemis when suddenly a purple flash erupted from the middle of the room.

I sniffed and smiled, 'Dionysus.'

He always knew when a party was going on. When the flash died down I expected to see a smiling god instead I got a grim looking one.

"Percy! We need to talk, it's important and I think everyone should hear it." Dionysus said when he spotted me.

I asked the DJ to put to music lower so we could all hear it. The army (includes Percy's friends and girlfriends) focused on the wine god as he started to speak.

"The gods just held a meeting. It was about what Zeus called the 'demigod deficit'. In the meeting he told the gods to impregnate as many mortals as they can so that they won't run out of demigods to fight for them. Even Zeus and Poseidon are participating in it." Dionysus said with a solemn expression.

I glanced around and saw the army had faces of disgust and anger for the gods.

I mentally called for dad and when he arrived, I asked, "Dad, what should we do? Future demigods will be forced to serve the Olympians."

He had a contemplative look on his face.

"We can't really do anything about the gods impregnating the mortals. But what we can do is find them before the gods do and bring them here. We tell them the truth and see if they are willing to fight for the gods or stay here. Maybe even join the army." Dad finally spoke.

I looked around the army to see affirmative nods.

"Then we shall do just that." I said.

Dad smiled at us and beckoned me to follow him. The others went back to partying while I followed my dad out to the courtyard. He stopped near a river and looked at me intently.

I shuffled under his intense stare and asked, "What are we doing here, dad?"

"This, son, is the River Chaos. I know you said you wanted to wait until you take a dip in it but I think now's the best time for you to hold the curse of Chaos." He said.

"Is everything around here named after you?" I asked, raising my brow.

"Most of them, yes. So, will you take the curse?" He asked me.

I stared at the river. Once I do this, there is no way back. But on the plus side, I can keep Thalia, Bianca, Zoë and Artemis safe. And all my friends to. I looked at dad and nodded.

He smiled at me and said, "Remember, think of your anchor and vulnerable point. When your ready, dive on in."

I kinda wanted to change my vulnerable point. Instead of the small of my back, I chose to put it as the bone at the back of my ear. Since I can summon my armour and helmet on anytime, it'll be untouchable. I took a deep breath and plunge headfirst into the waters.

Time skip
That was excruciating. Never doing that again. It was like the River Styx only a million times more painful and add being crushed by tons of giants. But when it was over I felt like I could take on Tartarus. You know what, let's not go that far, maybe like a 50 Kronos.

"Here are the few details you need to know about the curse. 1) Unlike the Achilles curse, you won't die when your vulnerable point is stabbed. You will return to normal. 2) No divine being will be able to remove the curse from you except me. 3) You will be immune to natural causes and unnatural causes. For example, you won't die of cancer or a god's true form. That's about it. Now go enjoy the party. Next month you and the army will start retrieving the demigods. The gods sped up their ageing so it would only take them a month to be matured enough to fight." Dad said, disappearing into thin air.