Chap 13 - Prophecy Fulfilled and A Vacation

Nick's POV
I can't believe my father said that to me in front of Annabeth. I am a son of the sea. The next quest I go on, I swear I'll be the hero. I'll show him that I am his son. The horn suddenly sounded, something's wrong. I ran out and saw campers surrounding a tree. Confused, I ran up to Chiron.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"Someone poisoned Thalia's tree. It is our protective border that keeps the monster out. The Demeter campers are trying to slow down the poison but it will only last till next summer." He informed me.

"Who could have done this?" I asked.

"I don't know. And what's worst is that the Hecate campers have informed me that their brother, James, has gone missing." Chiron solemnly said.

I gasp, "Chiron the prophecy, 'You will be betrayed by the one that calls you friend'. It's James, he poisoned the tree and betrayed us."

"I'm afraid you are right Nick. We have to find a way to cure the tree." Said Chiron.

Out of nowhere, Percy runs up to Chiron and says, "Chiron do you have a second?"

"Ah Percy, what can I do for you?" Replied Chiron.

"I needed to inform you that I'm going to my father's planet and won't be here till next summer." Said Percy.

"You mean Helix, the very first planet created." Chiron said in astonishment.

What so great about that place?

"Umm yes, Helix. Why?" Percy asked.

"If Lord Chaos permits it, it would be an honour to venture on Helix." Said Chiron, bowing his head slightly.

"I'm sure father won't mind. Here just rub the crystal and it'll transport you there." Percy said, handing Chiron a purple crystal that is similar to Medusa's.

"Oh thank you Percy." Chiron said.

"It's no problem Chiron, I'll tell the guards to let you through the city gates." Percy said, walking off.

I cleared my throat.

"Ah, Nick, what are you still doing here? You should be packing your things to go back to the city. The summer is over and you have to back to school. Your mother has told me she will be coming to pick you up tomorrow. Now run along. We will figure out a solution about the barrier before next summer. When you all return to Camp Half-blood, there will be a quest." Said Chiron, wheeling away.

I walked of to the my cabin, wishing that next summer would come faster. I packed my bags and went to sleep.

Time skip
Percy's POV
When I woke up, I immediately headed to the little infirmary in the Chaos cabin. I stood at the doorway, Will was checking Thalia's temperature.

He saw me and said, "She'll be fine, Percy. Thalia will wake up in a few minutes. Could you feed her some ambrosia in the meantime. I need to go check on the camp's infirmary."

I nodded and he walked out. I sat on the foot of the bed and reached over to the side table to get the ambrosia. I broke a piece off and fed it to her. She looked so peaceful like this, no worries no stress. I still haven't talked to Artemis about the mates thing and to dad about my Achilles Curse. I wonder how Thalia will react to Bianca being my other mate. I suddenly felt a hand on my cheek, snapping my out of my thoughts. I looked down to be met with beautiful striking blue eyes.

"Hey." She said, softly.

"Hey." I whispered, smiling.

"I missed you." I said.

She hooked her hands around my neck and pulled me down. She put her lips on mine and the world fell away. It was soft and slow. I moved my hands to her hips and pulled her closer. She leaned back and I followed. When she pulled away, I was hovering over her with a smile plastered on my face.

"I missed you too." She said, smiling.

"Ahem."

We turned around and Luke was leaning on the doorframe.

"Luke..." Thalia whispered in surprise.

"Hey Thals, how you doin'?" He said, smirking.

Thalia got up from the bed and pulled Luke into a hug. I stepped out, not wanting to intrude on their family reunion. I walked to my room and decided that it was time to talk to Artemis. No more stalling.

"Lady Artemis, can I please talk to you." I said.

The was nothing for a few seconds, then a flash appeared and there stood Artemis.

"What do you want to talk about Perseus?" She asked.

Normally I would correct her but it doesn't sound bad when she says my full name.

"You know what. How do you feel about this whole mate thing?" I asked her.

She sighed and sat on my bed, "Honestly it's not unusual for polyamorous relationships in Ancient Greece, so I'm not affected by the idea. I can't deny the feelings I have for you ever since you saved me from holding the sky. But I'm new to all this romance so I don't really know what to do or say."

I sat down next to her and held her hand.

"Then we'll take it step by step." I told her.

I brought her hand to my lips.

"Baby steps." I added.

She smiled at me and that made me smile. I heard footsteps approaching and I turned to see Thalia walk into my room.

"Hey. Is everything okay?" She asked.

I knew she was talking about the whole mates thing.

"Yeah everything is fine." I said smiling at her.

"Good. Have you discovered who your other mates are yet?" Thalia asked, sitting beside me and pecked me on the cheek.

"Oh yeah I did, it's Bianca." I told them.

Artemis groaned from beside me. I looked at her confusedly.

"What is it with you and my hunters?" She asked.

I chuckled, "Well technically Thalia and Bianca aren't in the hunt anymore."

She glared at me. I averted my gaze and Thalia laughed at me.

"You guys are mean." I pouted.

They laughed but kissed me on the cheek.

"I have to go. I left my hunters alone for too long. Goodbye Perseus. Thalia." Said Artemis, flashing out.

I turned to Thalia and said, "I'm going to my father's realm to train and I wanted to ask if you would come with me. But if you want to stay here it's totally fine."

"I would love to come with you." She said then kissed me.

"Great. Ok, you don't have to pack anything. Everything will be provided there." I told her.

"Let's go say goodbye to the others first before we go." I said.

"They aren't coming?" She asked.

"No, they wanted to watch over camp and make sure that James, a Hecate camper, and Kronos doesn't try anything." I informed her.

She nodded and pulled to out the room.

Time skip
Once we said goodbye to the rest, I opened a portal to Helix. Thalia grabbed my hand and pulled me through the portal. Well someone's excited. This is going to be a great year, just me and Thalia on another planet. No one to disturb us.