Chap 10 - Fun in The Lotus Casino and A Giant Puppy

Annabeth's POV
This is so frustrating. Why won't Percy acknowledge me? Am I that distasteful? My plan was so simple. Flirt with Percy, make him fall in love with me, convince him to join the Olympians and not kill them especially my mother and get married to the son of the most powerful being. Is that so hard? No it's not. Now I'm stuck with Nick, gloating about how 'heroic' he is. Honestly he's not bad looking, kinda cute but the arrogance kind of ruined it. Think Hercules arrogant but times that by 10. Nick keeps saying he killed the monsters when he fainted. How did he even know what monsters we faced? He fainted. Back on topic, I will get Percy to fall for me. Oh, we arrived at the Lotus Casino? Why does that sound familiar. Before I could tell Nick something's not right, he rushed in. I walked in after him, shaking my head.

A man walked up to us, judging by the uniform, he's the receptionist.

"Hello, we've been expecting you. These are your room keys and everything in on the house. Courtesy of Mr. Chaos. Have a good stay." He quickly said, walking off.

Hmm maybe Percy does likes me. He thought about me and gave me a room. I'll thank him later. Right now my sights are set on the cool architecture game I saw.

Nick's POV
So the loser (Percy) is finally seeing how awesome I am and he got me a room to say sorry. I sure he got me a luxurious room to get my forgiveness. Hmph, he'll have to do more than just a room to get my forgiveness. The casino is awesome by the way, it has so many hot babes. Once they see me win at the Poker table, they'll want to date a billionaire. Ha, I don't need Percy's stupid card. Well, time to go show this Casino who's boss. (He says awesome a lot doesn't he? Even though I made up the character, I hate him. I never planned for him to go this far. Just happened. LOL)

Time skip
Annabeth's POV
I was standing next to Nick watching him bid on roulette. He left the poker table when he lost to many times. Apparently he was good at roulette. I watched the wheel spin and slowly the small ball landed on Nick's number. We cheered loudly. Suddenly a hand yanked me and Nick away from the table.

"What are you two idiots doing?!" The voice hissed.

I realised that the voice belonged to Percy.

"Hey! What's your problem? I was winning!" Complained Nick.

"Are you out of your mind?! You've been here for 6 days! You're running out of time." Percy yelled.

"What are you talking about? We've only been here for a couple hours at most." I said confusedly.

He sighed, "Haven't you noticed anything? Heck and you call yourself a daughter of Athena. This is the lair of the lotus eaters. They lure humans and demigods in and trap them. A couple hours in here is a couple days out there."

My eyes widen. Oh my gods. WE'VE BEEN HERE FOR 6 DAYS!!

"We have to get out of here now!" Percy shouted.

We rushed to the exit of the casino, hotel? Whatever. When we exited, I saw the display perched on top the entrance. 25 JULY 2017 (random date). Oh no.

"We have to find the lightning bolt by today or there will be war on Olympus." I said.

I hailed a cab and Nick and I crammed in.

Except for Percy who summoned his motorcycle and said, "See you in Santa Monica."

With that, he drove away.

Time skip
Percy's POV
I arrived at the pier before them. Again. I walked around the pier. There was a carnival but nothing else. After 10 minutes of talking to fish, the two idiots showed up. Nick was sulking and grumbling under his breath. Wonder what's up with him. He went underwater and after another 10 minutes emerged with Persephone's pearls clutched in his hand. They didn't waste any more time, much to my displeasure, and headed to the Hollywood sign. I furrowed my brows, how to delay them? I got it. I'll ask Cerberus to 'play' with them for a while.

I jogged up to them and said, "Hey I saw some cyclopes just now. I'll deal with them. You guys go ahead and I'll catch up."

They bobbed their heads up and down. Hey imagine them as bobble heads. ADHD sorry. I walked into an alley and made sure no one was around. I quickly teleported to the underworld gates. I spotted Cerberus chewing on some skeleton bones while sitting on some poor souls. I chuckled.

"Cerberus." I called out.

Immediately his heads whipped up. When his eyes landed on me and he rushed towards me. He barrelled into me and knocked me into my back. He licked my face and I managed to get him off me but I was already drenched with slobber.

"Haha, I missed you too buddy but did you really have to give me a bath." I said.

He barked at me and wagged his tail. I swear he's like a puppy instead of underworld's fearsome guard.

"Listen I need you to do something for me. When I come back with two demigods, you have to act like you don't know me. Defend the gates like you do with other trespassers. Ok?" I said.

He barked and nodded at me. I smile and petted his huge heads.

"See you soon boy." I said teleporting away.

I appeared at the Hollywood sign, or preferably entrance to the underworld. Not a minute later, the two idiots walked up.

"Great we're all here. Let's go." Annabeth said.

We stepped through the small space and walked down to the underworld. We arrived at Charon's boat and had to negotiate to go to the Hades' palace. Once we convinced, and by convince I mean bribe, Charon, he would only take us as far as the gates. Perfect. We crossed the River Styx and walked towards the gate. Oh yeah, I still have to ask dad about my Achilles Curse. Anyway back to walking. The three suddenly froze as they saw the silhouette of a dog.

"Pfth it's just a dog. I'll deal with it." Said Nick as he strode forward.