Chap 28 - Ally and Duel

Percy's POV
I sat opposite Chiron with Nico next to me.

"What do you want to talk about Chiron?" I asked.

"It's good to see you too Percy and Nico." He said, smiling at us.

"H-how?" Nico stuttered while I gaped.

"Did you honestly think I would forget my favourite heroes?" Chiron said, the exactly same tinkle in his eyes as when we where in the museum.

"That what that look was about. You remembered us. But why didn't you say anything?" I questioned.

"I didn't want to raise suspicion by knowing you before you came to camp. And picture my surprise when I go back in time to the museum and find out you are the son of Chaos." Chiron said wisely.

"Yeah sorry for not telling you before travelling back." I apologised.

"It's alright, my boy." He said, waving it off.

"So Chiron, are you joining the olympians side?" I asked unsurely.

"I do not agree with the ways of the olympians. Who has children just to use them in a war? Even the titans where not this bad. But I will not go against them, I will simply stay neutral in this war." He explained.

"Very well. You are welcomed to stay on Helix when the war begins." Nico offered with me agreeing.

"Thank you Nico, Percy. Now I believe you have a duel to attend to. Off you go." He said, shooing us.

We smiled at him and made our way to the arena. Zoë was sitting in a chair tapping her foot. Guess we're late.

"Where have you two been? Any longer and you would have to forfeit." She scolded.

"Sorry babe, Chiron was talking to us." I gave a kiss as an apology.

"Good luck. Not like you'll need it." She gave Nico and I a kiss on the cheek.

Me and Nico took out our swords and walked to the middle. The two doofuses were waiting for us.

"Ready to lose." Nick said.

"You talking to yourself?" I retorted, swinging my sword over my shoulder.

Before he could saw anything else, a voice interrupted.

"Demigods. This is a duel between Dustin and Dylan Blake against Nick Jackson and Brad Smith. No killing, only maiming and disarming. First to disarm the other, wins. This duel is based solely on skills, so no powers allowed. Ready. Begin." Said Athena.

I realized that the gods and all the campers have come to watch the duel. This'll be even better.

Third person POV
Nick and Brad circled the brothers. Nick lunged towards Percy while Brad lunged at Nico. Percy blocked the strike and countered with his own. Nick backed up and scanned Percy for any vulnerable spots.

'He's finally thinking in a fight' Percy thought.

Percy purposely allowed a flaw in his stance to see if Nick actually knew what he was looking for. Nick continued to analyse Percy. Finally Percy gave up on him and attacked. Nick was too slow in deflecting the strike and Percy managed to cut his arm. Nick, in his fury, blindly hacked at Percy. Percy was forced on defensive and waited for Nick to tire out. At the corner of his eye, he could see Nico mercilessly cutting Brad into pieces. Percy focused back on his own fight and once Nick's slashes where slowing down, Percy hit Nick's sword away and began slashing at him. When Percy stopped, blood oozed out from the cuts on Nick's body. Finally Percy did the disarming technique. Nick's sword flew from his hand and Percy levelled Moíra against Nick's throat. Percy didn't have to ask 'yield?' as Nick immediately fainted.

'Back to the fainting,' Percy thought.

"The winners are Dustin and Dylan Blake." Athena announced.

Percy looked over to the gods and saw Poseidon and Zeus fuming over the fact that two hell's spawn beat the children of the elder gods. The gods flashed out and Percy turned to the Aphrodite cabin.

"Ladies, they're all yours." Percy said, smirking at them.

The girls giggled and proceeded to drag the now screaming boys back to the neon pink cabin.

"Well done boys." Zoë congratulated.

"Do I get a prize?" Percy asked, wrapping his hand around her waist.

"Maybe later fish boy." She said, patting his cheek.

"Come on it's time for lunch." Zoë added, dragging the two boys to the mess hall.

A few minutes later
Halfway through everyone's lunch, a group of giggling girls strolled into the mess hall.

"May we have your attention please." A girl on the middle said.

The demigods, demiprimordials and centaur stopped their eating and the focused on the group.

"Thank you. Now I proudly present Nicky Jackson and Bradlee Smith." She said, stepping aside to reveal said people.

The mess hall erupted in laughter as their eyes landed on 'Nicky' and 'Bradlee'. Nick was wearing a pink frilly dress above his knees, 5 inch heels and also wearing vermilion red lipstick topped with black eyeliner. Brad was wearing a similar yellow dress and 5 inch heels but wore a fuchsia pink lipstick with black eyeliner. Some campers where rolling on the ground and some even fainted from laughing so much, Chiron was trying but failing to stifle his laugh. Percy sneakily snapped a picture and sent it to broadcast on Helix's billboards. The embarrassed boys scrambled away from mess hall but their sharp heels got caught in between the floorboards. They stumbled and fell onto their backs, making the campers laugh even louder at the small pice of clothe covering their privates. The red-faced boys hurriedly ran to their cabins, tripping all the way.

'Best bet Zoë ever made.' Percy thought.