Chap 12 - Olympus, An Ashamed Sea God and The Traitor Revealed

Nick's POV
I can't believe him. He should be stuck in the underworld, never to see the light of day ever again. He stole my glory. The only reason he defeated Ares was because I weakened him. If he didn't show up, I would have defeated Ares. Ugh! He always ruin my moments. Fine whatever. It doesn't matter. There'll be more quests that Percy won't be in and even if he is, I'll be the hero. I'll make sure of it. Suddenly the elevator dings and opens. My jaw drops. I was standing on a narrow stone walkway in the middle of the air. Below me was Manhattan, from the height of an airplane. In front of me, white marble steps wound up the spine if a cloud, into the sky. My eyes followed the stairway and I could not accept what I saw. From the top of the clouds rose the decapitated peak of a mountain, it's summit covered with snow. Clinging to the mountainside were dozens of multilevelled palaces, all with white colluded porticos, glided terraces and bronze braziers glowing with a thousand fires. (I lifted the description from The Lightning Thief. I do not own it. Rick Riordan does.) Me and Annabeth made our way to the throne room. Even though we were standing outside, I could hear the gods yelling and screaming at each other. I hesitantly pushed open the doors. The throne room was a mess of flames and rubble. When we stepped in the yelling ceased and eyes were locked on me. I eyed the battle ready gods as I stepped in the centre of the room and bowed.

"Lord Zeus, I have retrieved your master bolt." I said.

Third person POV
Seven gods were scattered all over the throne room, holding their weapons, while the other six (not including Hades) sat quietly on their thrones. Nick was standing in the middle of the throne room while Annabeth was behind him. Zeus was glaring at Nick, Poseidon was looking quite ashamed and a little curiously at his son while Athena was fuming at the fact the sea spawn said he retrieved the bolt, if it wasn't for her daughter he would have died on this quest.

"How dare you say that you retrieved the bolt, without my daughter's aid you would be dead by now!" Athena screamed.

"Silence!" Thundered Zeus.

He turned to Nick, "So, you have finally come forward and admit to your theft."

"No sir, I did not steal your bolt. Ares did, or rather he had a demigod steal it." Nick said.

Zeus gave Ares a hard look and turned back to Nick.

"Give me my bolt, boy." He demanded.

Nick handed the bolt to Zeus and as soon as it touched his hand, lightning erupted throughout the sky. A lone figure hiding in the shadows muttered, "Drama King".

Then Zeus turned to Nick and said, "Even though you have found my bolt, you are still a son of Poseidon. So all those in favour of letting the boy live?"

No one raised their hand but Poseidon reluctantly put his hand up after a few seconds.

"He is my son, Zeus. I will not allow you to kill him." Poseidon said.

"You would want to save this boy? Even after he has embarrassed you and disgraced the seas?" Asked Zeus.

Poseidon sighed, "He is still my son."

"Wait father, I think you should let the boy live." Said Athena, surprisingly.

"Why do you say that daughter?" Asked Zeus.

"The boy is hardly a threat, I mean we all watched the quest. The boy either fainted when he encountered a monster or would cowardly run away. He is no threat to Olympus. And in addition, he would make great entertainment on Hephaestus TV." Said Athena, smirking at Nick.

Nick had a terrified expression plastered on his face as he watched the gods contemplated his life.

Percy's POV
Oh my Chaos, look at Nick's face. He looks so scared but I could see a trace of anger from Athena saying he's not a threat and their entertainment. I was trying so hard not to laugh and give my position away.

"Very well, we shall let the boy be, for now." Boomed Zeus. "Now I have to wash my bolt to remove the mortal taint. Council dismissed." Zeus added and flashed out.

One by one the olympians flashed out. As Poseidon was about to flash, Nick called him.

"Um...father can you please transport me and Annabeth back to camp?" Nick asked meekly.

"I know you are my son but after what I saw on this quest..." Poseidon trailed off.

"Do not embarrass me on the next quest, Nicholas. Prove to me that you are indeed a son of the sea." He added.

Nick looked as though someone kicked his puppy but he managed a weak nod. Poseidon flicked his hand and Nick and Annabeth erupted into sea mist. Poseidon sighed heavily and flashed away. I have only one word. Wow. I shook my head and teleported to camp. When I appeared in time to see Nick stomp off to his cabin. I smirked, he was embarrassed in front of the girl he liked and his father is ashamed of him. This the greatest day ever. I started walking to my cabin when all of a sudden Luke ran up to me.

"Perce, something wrong with Thalia's Pine it-" I didn't hear what else he said because I rushed towards the entrance.

Thalia's pine was turning black and each leaf slowly floated to the ground.

I prayed to my father, 'Dad please I need you now.'

A portal appeared beside me and dad stepped out.

"What's wrong son?" He said looking at me.

"Please dad you have to save her." I begged.

He closed his eyes and suddenly the roots of the tree separated and revealed Thalia. I quickly pulled her out and put my head on her chest. I listened closely. Da-dum da-dum. I gave a sigh of relief.

"Will, Micheal, Lee would you please..." I looked at them.

"Say no more Percy, we'll make sure she's ok." Will said while the other two carried Thalia back to the cabin.

"What happened?" I asked Luke.

"I don't know Percy, I was just walking around the borders when the tree suddenly started turning black." Luke explained.

I looked at dad.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked him.

"The fates speeding up the events. In this quest they were suppose to to retrieve the bolt and Thalia is suppose to come out. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before but the fates just informed me of this." He explained.

"It's alright dad. I'm just glad Thalia is alright. Thank you for your help, dad." I said.

"I'm gonna look for the little traitor." I added.

"I'll come with you. I wanna give him a piece of my mind for poisoning Thalia." Luke said.

We walked to the Hecate cabin, since the Hecate campers are in archery training now it the perfect time for James to make his escape. Reaching the door, I could see James stuffing his things into a duffle bag.

"So the traitor made his move and is cowardly running away." I said.

He whirled around to see Luke and I leaning against the door frame.

Luke drew his sword, SoulReaper, while I left Télos in its sheath.

"I don't know what you're talking about." James said but his shaking hands gave away his fear.

"Please, I know who you're working for. I know you poisoned Thalia's pine tree and now you are cowardly running back to your pathetic master, Kronos." I spat.

He was red in the face when I called him a coward. James grabbed his own sword from his bedside and swung at Luke. Luke raised his sword and blocked the attack. Luke slashed and hacked at James, not slowing one bit. When Luke finally stopped, James was a bloodied mess. His sword lied 3 ft away from him, he was defenceless.

"Kronos will win this war. The gods have ruled for long enough, now it time for the Rule of the Titans." He said, slowly vanishing.

Luke went to stab at him but he's already gone.

A/N Can someone give me some nicknames for Thalia, Artemis, Bianca and Zoe to call Percy. And for Percy to call Thalia, Artemis, Bianca and Zoe.
BTW - Percy is in his 18 year old form. I'm not changing him, to complicated.
        - Thalia is 15 years old
        - Bianca is also 15
        - Artemis is in 17 year old form.