Chapter three

Okay is it just me that has come to like Cameroon? I have only gone a chapter without him and let us face it I only wrote one chapter that he is in but it is weird how I see a connection with him... Lmao just kidding just kidding. Go on..

****

Katie

She couldn't sleep that night. Katie kept waking up mins after she closed her eyes and dozed off. Am I hungry?, she thought. She did notice how just the sight of food she normally ate made her stomach churn. She felt like throwing up just when she smelled the oily dishes she saw at their dining table this couple of days.

Admitting she always ate because she wanted to, not because she needed to was not easy but it a very big step. She realized then that it was actually easy to notice her stomach bloated when she over ate. Not that it is not normally bloated.. To be honest, she knew her stomach wasn't the problem. It only showed when she sat. Then it would take a few bends and seem like a belly.

She let josh sit beside her that day. He actually ended up being a good company. The witty remarks he made seemed to let her crack a smile each time. She noticed how his teeth seemed to shine alongside that ear piercing he had when he smiled. He was definitely attractive, Katie had to admit that.

Is this how it felt? To have company? Had she actually missed out this much on social life regards?

Laying down in her head she kept remembering how Josh made her feel. He made her think she was the most treasured jem in a land filled with petals. She felt like the only girl in the world sitting in a throne of clouds. Was it possible to feel this good by an act of kindness?

Right then again the thought of food crossed her mind again. This time it wasn't disgust though.. She wanted to fill her mouth with a creamy plate of Macaroon. Her stomach roared just by the thought of that, and with that, she slipped off her bed and tiptoed her way to her mothers kitchen.

***

Josh

"Checkmate" Cameroon screamed and quickly jumped from his seat.

"That is not how you play chess you retard", Josh held his nose with two fingers. Cameroon was a pain in the ass to play anything classy with.

"Whatcha tryna to say? I just slayed your queen bruh"

"Ahhh forget it". He started making himself comfortable on the couch when Cameroon opened the loud stereos throughout the play room and almost scared the living daylights out of him. "Turn it down a bit will you??!!?" he screamed for his friend across the room dabbing his brains out.

Ignored he put his two hands to cover his ears. It was funny how someone as mature as him ended up being friends with a guy who acts 10. Josh did have his moments but he was mostly mature and responsible. And he knew his friend could be as well but Cameroon never let anyone see that side unless it was a life or death situation or someone needed comfort. He was a good guy for that. Silly, but nonetheless good.

Josh looked at the clock hanging at the wall declaring the time to be 11:51 PM. Right then his friend lowered the volumes just enough to be heard saying "You seem to spend much more time here than at your house lately"

"So?" Josh put his hand down and let his legs loose on the small glass table in front of him.

"How bad are things at home?" Cameroon asked truly concerned.

"It is not bad at all. I just don't want them to think I forgive them for pulling me out of Grepper. I miss that place man, I don't even think my sport scholarships gonna go all that great here" he sighed.

"You will be back before you know it, your dad did say so."

"Yeah.."

"How about Gwen? Didn't do some voodoo shit on you or anything yet?" Cameroon asked but this time with eyes wide open.

"Surprisingly stepmothers don't do that. She is not as evil as the ones in the movies we saw"

"Ey yo man, I was deeply concerned bout that. Like seriously.. We blacks really scared bout that shit."

"Ha! I noticed. Your family blames the devil for everything" Josh grinned. The best memories he had as a child were in this house. And hearing Mr.Holt curse the devil at least 20 times a day was not something he could ever wash off his memories.

"You gotta believe us, the cleaning lady is seriously not real bruh. One minute she was washing ma mamas carpets the next daddy called to ask why we let her go across town during work hours. That sound normal to you?"

"You were playing Xbox! You once asked me to get you a pack of cigarettes and told me you didn't mean the ones in your room when I returned the next day with mine"

"I still say she ain't right"

Josh could only smile and shake his head at him. "Gwen is actually great I guess. I mean there is always a good meal at the table and my room doesn't seem raided so it is cool"

"And your dad seems cool too" Cameroon said cautiously seeming to not let any nerves tilt inside Josh.

"Yeah, he doesn't act as uptight no more". Things really were kicking off for the Wilders. Josh's dad was smiling again, they could afford their daily routines again, food was being served again.. by a new member but that wasn't so bad at all.

"Yeah I should probably hit it. Three nights out in a row doesn't seem like a good idea."

"New mama won't slap yo ass so its cool bruh. You can chill at my house for now, its late already"

"Nah, I got some geometry books I gotta fetch anyway. Katie would have my ass on a plater if I mess up that class for her" he got up and searched for his keys.

"Who?"

"Never mind. Just look for my keys will you?"

"It is downstairs at the dining table"

"K. Catch you later", Josh hurried down by that.

Okay so this chapter didn't exactly cut it for me but oh well.. I plan to juice it up in the up coming ones so it is cool. Besides it is 11:51 pm here just with the guys so don't expect something smart to come out of me when I am sleeping.

Don't forget to comment your thoughts.