Chapter Seven

Katie

"What crawled up your ass today?" Katie tiptoed to a dazed looking Josh and smiled at him.

"Hey, aren't you gonna say hi first" he returned the facial expression.

"Yeah well I would rather ask why your all pouty faced early in the morning"

"Just a little bored. Sit beside me?". He was sitting at a bench near the curb he first decided to talk to her. Katie thought it was a beautiful sunny morning and she thought Josh shouldn't look so dizmo at a day like this so she decided to try to cheer him up. And she came up with the craziest idea on the spot.

She took a sit beside him and looked him right in the eye. "Can you see me?" she sung.

Josh looked startled for a second. Then demanded "what are you doing?"

"Cause I am right here?"

He cleared his thought and looked around for passerby's. She saw he started to turn pink. Satisfied with the results, she continued the song from Lemonade Mouth "Can you listen? Cause I have been trying to make you notice, what it means to me.."

Josh suddenly started getting up and she held his hand to hear her finish "to feel like some body."

She beamed then when she saw his face. She didn't smile or grin. She beamed and smiled the most radiant contagious smile. She could see he was no longer bored, he was instead glowing red despite his strong tan and trying to keep his smile as much as he could.

They both laughed like the idiots they were and chased away the tension that was thickening the air.

"Don't do that again" Josh snickered.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad", Katie grinned.

"You are actually right. It wasn't bad but.. " Josh looked at her and gave her a look she couldn't quite identify. "You don't want me to fall for you do you?"

"Ha! I don't have to sing for that!", she replied mockingly ignoring the butterflies in her stomach that scared her might escape through her mouth.

"Oh yeah? Your that confident?", he grinned arrogantly. Katie could only roll her eyes and throw a soft kick to his leg that has been slowly grazing hers beneath their seats.

He grinned attractively and picked her right hand up to put it on top of his left one "you don't fail to aw me".

He sighed slowly and laid back making himself comfortably on the bench.

She felt the feeling she got when he first talked to her and the day before in class grow inside her. There was something different about this emotion.. It wasn't just something she wasn't used to, it was also something more. Something deeper.

She laid her head across his and stared into the frame that seemed to bring her joy this days.

****

Josh

They stayed in the position for a little while. They didn't even notice the glares and stares thrown at them the whole entire time. It was like no one else existed but them that moment.

Eye to eye, hand in hand. Nobody else mattered. They bought warmth for each other and they made each other comfortable. They were twirling inside each others eye pools.

They only looked up when they heard the bells rang and they had to get to class. Josh would have loved if they kept what they were sharing for eternity but all good things have to come to an end and they had to pull up their butts and head to class.

Katie was the one to leave first. Josh's eyes lingered a minute more than they should have on her walking structure. He didn't expect to look forward to in this place but that girl was growing on him more than he would like to admit.

Right when he was going to head into the building he saw an out of place figure looming in the crowd by the entrance. Scratch that, two out of place figures looking around for him.

"Hey!" Josh called out waving his hands above his head.

Cameroon pushed their other friend Luke beside him and pointed towards Josh's way. Unlike Cameroon, Luke seemed at ease and glad to see Josh. The other guy was fuming for some unknown reason though.

"What the heck man, what were you thinking this morning?" Cameroon towered over Josh and moved his arms as if in a motion of strangling him. All Josh could think about was how small he felt even though both of them were fairly equal in height and both considered tall.

"Yo chill", Luke pulled back the steam oozing light skin in front of him.

"What is wrong with you, I missed a phone call so what?" Josh begged to differ.

"A phone call? You think I made one lousy phone call? 14 phone calls! From different phones you little moron! We waited at In N' Out as usual and it is not just me that me that said that you never missed appearing at our hangout spot even if you couldn't call beforehand. We even drove to your house damn it! And imagine what we felt when we saw cops lining up your door? Do you even think sometimes?"

"Wait what?" Josh felt his insides sinking down his body now. A bad sensation went over every muscle he had and he felt his knees buckle like he was carrying dead weight. "What are you talking about? Why were there cops?"

"We don't know man, we just thought to check here before jumping to conclusions. Glad your safe though" Luke said and smiled in sympathy for the news Cameron broke.

Cameroon was supporting himself against a tree and pinching the bridge of his nose probably to try to relax himself.

Josh didn't stay to help his friend. He felt his heart speeding up and pumping his ribcage so much he was shaking. He feared why this is happening again.. It couldn't be striking twice in two years. That was too much cruelty, it wasn't possible was it?

No, it wasn't. All his family were inside when he left... Or did they leave soon after him? His dad.. No, he prayed it wouldn't be his dad. He felt malevolent but he wished it wouldn't be him. He couldn't handle if he lost him too. There was so much a person could handle and three strikes was not it! It was too unfair and heart crushing. He was finally starting to believe things were going well, now he had to be devastated.

So many thoughts were running across his mind and he didn't even realize when he pushed Luke out of his way and ran like no other towards his house. Please don't take him too, he prayed.

I was enjoying how I was going with the beginning but I feel like I got carried away and added drama onto Joshs life 😂 why did I do that??

Don't ask me, I don't know either... But who were taken in Josh's life.. Aren't you curious? I know I am..

Will be revealed in .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The next chapter!

Don't forget to leave your thoughts.