Chapter Nine

Katie

Katie got in her house wondering where Josh disappeared and left her all alone the whole day. Did he have something more important than hanging with someone as overweight and a bit uptight like her?

She expected him to barge in class and knock himself out on the seat beside her but not only that class, the whole day passed by without his company. She saw his car in the parking lot though and her insecurities came rushing up her gut. Maybe he finally decided he doesn't need someone like her as a friend.

She replayed how he had a habit of scratching his head beneath that thick soft black hair of his and smiled instead. If he didn't think he was cool enough to hang out with her she still could enjoy the memories of the time it lasted.

But he couldn't have left her.. She knew he enjoyed their little moment that morning. She couldn't have been the only one drowning in his pool of green. She knew he was lost in her eyes as well.. They were looking through to each others souls.. Weren't they?

Hearing loud pot clanging from the room beside her Katie's heart skipped a beat. Her mother wouldn't do that..

She sneaked her head inside the kitchen to see a red headed devil taking charge of the disturbance.

"Sammy what do you think your doing?", she furrowed her face and stepped into the room.

"I can't hear you!!" Sammy yelled not pausing his banging melody. He was on the top of the kitchen table beating pans against each other and making disturbing movements with his body.

He had always had passion for trouble and intense Metallica. That Metallica being their mothers pans for the time being.

"Stop shaking your groin like that you little dweeb. That is awful!" Katie yelled back louder with disgust.

"You don't seem to mind it on the adult videos you watch", Sam replied and stuck his tongue out mockingly.

"Ewwww Sammy those where dance videos not some... Whatever u just said. Do I look like you?"

"Stop right there!", her little brother demanded and ceased to play the loud clattering suddenly.

Katie, who was slowly tip toeing towards the kitchen table and about to take a turn towards her brother, listened to his command and did as he asked.

"What are you trying to do? Sneaking up on the one and only! The Great And Powerful Samuels? How dare you peasant!"

"Get off of that table before I call mom! Where is she anyway?" She asked casually.

"She got called in"

"Well then we both know I am in charge and I say get off!x

"Make me". Confident his sister wouldn't dare land a finger on him, he threw the pans making them clash to the harsh ceramics and crossed his arms upon his skinny chest looking down to his fuming sister.

Katie was tall, that was for sure because she didn't even have to look above much to stare into the eyes of anyone she knew. Not even Josh. There were very few people that made her seem small physically and her brother was now one.

"Sammy please come down"

"What are you gonna do? Sit on me?"

"Ughh you little rascal" she swerved her right hand to grab his feet but the boy that resembled her in so many ways was of course faster and slyer. Not smarter though..

Avoiding her arm, he took a step back and jumped off the table to fall with his knees down to the cold floor.

"Sammie!"