Chapter Thirteen

Katie

Searching around for Josh, Katie stood tapping her feet by her locker. She thought hard about what he said last night and he kept her up. She weirdly wanted to apologize.

He texted her saying he was sorry in the middle of the night but she wanted to see his face in front of her. She only felt she will rest then. She somehow felt responsible for his sudden outburst.

"Hey sugar. Looking for me?"

"What do you want?" Katie replied to Chads attempt of flirtation.

"Go easy spice girl. Why you so grumpy?"

"Does it matter?"

"Of course. Cause if you ask me, you look prettier when you smile" said Chad goofily.

Katie just sighed. It was almost time for her first class and Josh was nowhere to be seen. She wondered what was going on in his life. She wondered if her actions triggered something in him. She also didn't like him upset.

Just as she sighed, Chad took a hold of her arm and swept her in the opposite direction she told and started taking her somewhere. "What the hades are you doing?"

"You read Greek mythology?"

"You know how to read?" Katie asked, truly surprised at Chad. She didn't expect Chad to know nothing more than a kindergartners coloring book let alone Greek stuff. If he knew reading at the most.

"Haha funny" Chad replied sarcastically, a slight offended sound escaping his big jaws.

Katie looked at the big guy taking her towards the stairs of their schools rooftop. Her whole life she saw him as a muscular yet brainless, attractive yet dumb, tall yet ridiculous football player that liked to be surrounded with his friends and girls. She didn't expect him to have feelings yet alone a brain.

"Where are we going?"

"I will show you. Just try to speed up a bit, we don't want the bell to ring", he said excitement tagging along with his words.

****
Josh

Calmly he took big strides towards his first class. Felt like years he was out of this place. Not that he was away doing the bare minimum or something joyful but returning wasn't one of the things he wanted to do.

He eyed the Jenna girl he treated badly and thought of how he should apologize. She was talking with a group of people flaunting her short hair at the door of their class. He had dealt with girls like her before. They were the easiest to get and hardest to lose. He once would have enjoyed playing with them but he was learning to avoid the trouble they bring along.

"Hey"

Jenny turned her head in surprise and stared at the guy she hasn't seen in a while.

"What?", she glared.

Josh suddenly wanted to grab her by her hair and throw her off a cliff. Keeping in his thoughts and the face that wanted to come with it, he softly asked her if they could talk.

"Fine", she said and excused herself from the group. Making their way away from the class and by the door of the restroom Jennys face suddenly started lighting up.

"Look, I am not good at apologies with strangers so don't expect a heartfelt whatever. Just know I am sorry for how I treated you last time. I didn't get a good sleep and you got on my nerves"

"Wow, you were right. Not heartfelt at all"

"Well you don't look as spiteful as 2 minutes ago so I would say I did a good job". Josh knew he wasn't good at approaching people. He always either had a poker face or don't mess with me unless he was talking to older people, girls he wanted to score with and his friends. In those cases he was approachable, polite and understanding. In this case however, he wished nothing more than wanting to get over with this quick. He didn't want the guilt eating him up so he was apologizing but asides from that, she didn't matter one bit to him.

"Yeah well", Jenny slowly and seductively eyed the door behind him and touched his arm slightly. "It is just.. You have a nice choice in spots. I appreciate you wanting me but let's slowly see how this goes."

Dumbfounded Josh stared at the sudden change in attitude. "The heck are you talking about?"

"Playing silly? Oh you are so cute. See you around Wilder" she said and poked his chest. Then slowly she turned around and walked like a runway model.

Confused, Josh scratched his head and followed her to his class.

Okay so this chapter is definitely dedicated for iamidorkyworld for bearing this not so long wait. I try to update after views but with besties like you bugging me, i couldn't resist.